The Student Room Group

Timetabling at uni

My timetable finally got filled out, and I have a couple days where I have 8 hours of back to back to back workshops/labs/practicals all in separate buildings. (3hrs, 3hrs, 2hrs)

This is my first year of uni so I am a bit bewildered I guess, is the general rule that you have 10 minutes between classes? Is that enough to inhale a sandwich because there are no breaks and take place in machining or practical rooms.

I get having to suck it up but even most workplaces get a break every 6 hours so I'm feeling lost
Original post by Anonymous
My timetable finally got filled out, and I have a couple days where I have 8 hours of back to back to back workshops/labs/practicals all in separate buildings. (3hrs, 3hrs, 2hrs)

This is my first year of uni so I am a bit bewildered I guess, is the general rule that you have 10 minutes between classes? Is that enough to inhale a sandwich because there are no breaks and take place in machining or practical rooms.

I get having to suck it up but even most workplaces get a break every 6 hours so I'm feeling lost

You are likely misreading something because no sensible course will schedule 8 hours straight with no lunch break. It's likely some of those labs and seminars have a separate "group, A, B, C" option so you only do some of those sessions. Don't worry, it will all become clear once you get there and the course intro lectures explain how things work.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi!
This seems like it could be a simple mistake, either a misreading or a mistake when putting together the timetable. I would recommend contacting your university's admin office and asking if this is a mistake. If it is not you of course may ask them what you can do, for example if you are able to switch to a class at a different time or if all the classes are necessary.

Hope this helps! Faye :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending