The Student Room Group

Primary Education Timetable (UWE)

I am starting the Primary Ed degree at UWE this September and I’m wondering if anyone who’s done/is on the course currently could tell me more about the timetable e.g how many hours in Uni/self study etc.

My main reason for asking is because I will need to work alongside my degree and I’d like to get an idea of where my free time for this will be and how many hours I could feasibly work.

I have contacted a tutor on the course who said we’ll receive a timetable before starting but didn’t give me much more to go on!

Thanks
I don't know how helpful this will be, I'm doing Primary Ed but at another uni.
We've had no placements this year because of Covid, but next year the timetable is roughly -

Monday - Uni all day (approx 9-4ish)
Tuesday -Uni all day

Wednesday - Study day (so you don't have to come to campus)

Thursday - Placement all day (so about 8-4/5ish depending on where you get)
Friday - Placement all day

It's quite a full on degree with a lot of work and you're busy a lot.
Also keep in mind that you could end up in a placement school miles away so you could end up doing a lot of travelling. I think the furthest someone on my course was put was about an hour and a half away.
Hope that helps a bit :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by lucyyy12
I don't know how helpful this will be, I'm doing Primary Ed but at another uni.
We've had no placements this year because of Covid, but next year the timetable is roughly -

Monday - Uni all day (approx 9-4ish)
Tuesday -Uni all day

Wednesday - Study day (so you don't have to come to campus)

Thursday - Placement all day (so about 8-4/5ish depending on where you get)
Friday - Placement all day

It's quite a full on degree with a lot of work and you're busy a lot.
Also keep in mind that you could end up in a placement school miles away so you could end up doing a lot of travelling. I think the furthest someone on my course was put was about an hour and a half away.
Hope that helps a bit :smile:

wow! Hope you wouldn't mind me asking which university this was?
Original post by Danielle2502
I am starting the Primary Ed degree at UWE this September and I’m wondering if anyone who’s done/is on the course currently could tell me more about the timetable e.g how many hours in Uni/self study etc.

My main reason for asking is because I will need to work alongside my degree and I’d like to get an idea of where my free time for this will be and how many hours I could feasibly work.

I have contacted a tutor on the course who said we’ll receive a timetable before starting but didn’t give me much more to go on!

Thanks

Hey. I know this was 2 years ago, but I'm about to start there this September and have asked the same questions. Can you give any insight to what your timetable has looked like? I'm a mature student with children so have to plan in after school clubs etc for childcare. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending