The Student Room Group

Just a TSR Q

Hi, I've been trying for ages but dont know how to delete a post I've created, for example this one. Went online but no luck so ive resorted to asking people here for some instructions (if possible which it should be?)

Another question is, how do I create a thread anonymously? An hour ago I was talking to someone and the topic of how easily I could myself online came up so I googled my username and an entire damn list of results came up so I had realised that I've actually made too much personal information available and dont feel comfortable with that. Hence why I'm trying to remove any identifying information where I may have shared too much as well as learn how to post anonymously in the future for some things as to keep myself safe ig.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by killuak
Hi, I've been trying for ages but dont know how to delete a post I've created, for example this one. Went online but no luck so ive resorted to asking people here for some instructions (if possible which it should be?)

Another question is, how do I create a thread anonymously? An hour ago I was talking to someone and the topic of how easily I could myself online came up so I googled my username and an entire damn list of results came up so I had realised that I've actually made too much personal information available and dont feel comfortable with that. Hence why I'm trying to remove any identifying information where I may have shared too much as well as learn how to post anonymously in the future for some things as to keep myself safe ig.

There should be an edit button on your post, then you can delete.

I think you can only post anonymously on certain threads - not all.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by killuak

You can’t delete the first post of a thread, like this one that you’ve created. You need to report it and ask a member of TSR staff to delete it. For all other posts that aren’t the first one in a thread you click on edit post and then there’s a delete option.

For anon threads there are only certain sections on here where you can do that, such as the relationships section and a few others. You can’t for example, make an anonymous thread in chat or other things. And you can only use anon if you’re including personal and sensitive information, you can’t just use anon for any other reason than to hide your username. Anyway, usernames are generally anonymous, if you don’t include your name or any identifiable info then someone you know in real life wouldn’t know it’s you.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
ty guys, doing so now.

Quick Reply

Latest