The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official University of Nottingham Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Izzy-06
Well done!!!! I applied for the computer science Bsc on the 11th so hopefully I’ll hear from them soon! Is Nottingham your only offer so far?

I’ve gotten all offers back. Nott,Readingx,Surrey,Sussex
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by brianna_123

I’ve gotten all offers back. Nott,Readingx,Surrey,Sussex

That’s great!!! What did you apply for? I’ve since had an offer from Nottingham as well as Sheffield and Plymouth!
Reply 22
Has anyone been offered Pharmacy? I have been offered an interview. My predicted grades are A Chemistry A Biology and A for Maths
What is the interview process like for engineering students
Original post by pgtips62
Has anyone been offered Pharmacy? I have been offered an interview. My predicted grades are A Chemistry A Biology and A for Maths

Hi yes, got an offer. The interview was the hardest yet, and I thought I'd failed, but must have done better than I thought. So what I'm saying is dont fret, you can mess some bits up. Good luck.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 25
Original post by BigBadWolfyBoy
Hi yes, got an offer. The interview was the hardest yet, and I thought I'd failed, but must have done better than I thought. So what I'm saying is dont fret, you can mess some bits up. Good luck.

Thanks
applied for maths and econ today. anyone know how long it takes roughly for responses for this particular course
Reply 27
has anyone applied for architecture and submitted their portfolio, I can't find the place on their website where they want me to submit it and the deadline is in 45mins....
Hi! I've applied for med at Nottingham, but been put on the waitlist. Does anyone know how long I need to wait and the chances of getting in? Has anyone else applied for med here?
Reply 29
Has anyone had an offer for physiotherapy yet? If so how long after interview did it take? I had mine last week!
has anyone else still not heard about maths and econ
Reply 31
Original post by Izzy-06
Hi I got an offer overnight for the computer science Bsc. The offer was AAA which is what I was expecting and I’m just really happy to have the offer!
Hey I also got an offer for computer science
Original post by Wombat11
Hi. Can I ask how much weight is out on personal statement and also on reference, or if predicted grades and GCSEs are main things?
Also, does Nottingham start offering in the autumn as applications come in, or delay until the New Year. Thanks.

Hello there @Wombat11 thanks very much for your enquiry :grin:. At the University of Nottingham when assessing your application our Admissions team take into account your current grades, predicted grades, personal statement and references. Information about what happens once you have submitted your application can be found here. You can find detailed information here on what we look for in a Personal Statement. Applicants who apply by the equal consideration deadline are guaranteed an equal opportunity to be considered against the same selection criteria (academic and non-academic) as all others who apply within that time. Equal consideration deadlines ensure that admission to university is not granted on a first-come-first-served basis. The last Wednesday in January is the equal consideration deadline for applications to all other courses. Until recently it was 15 January, but UCAS changed it in 2021 to ensure that applicants aren’t left unsupported when 15 January falls on a weekend, and it gives both institutions and advisers extra time at the start of term to prepare for the peak in activity around the date.
Original post by anonymoussbbq
applied for maths and econ today. anyone know how long it takes roughly for responses for this particular course

Hello @anonymoussbbq We typically advise that it can take 4-6 weeks to receive a decision on your UCAS application, but this timeframe can vary depending on the time of year and how busy the Admissions team are at the time of your application submission. Once a decision has been made on your UCAS application, this will be communicated to you via your UCAS Track. If we require any further information from you in the meantime in order to continue assessing your application, the Admissions team will be in contact with you directly to request this.
Original post by UniofNottsEnq
Hello @anonymoussbbq We typically advise that it can take 4-6 weeks to receive a decision on your UCAS application, but this timeframe can vary depending on the time of year and how busy the Admissions team are at the time of your application submission. Once a decision has been made on your UCAS application, this will be communicated to you via your UCAS Track. If we require any further information from you in the meantime in order to continue assessing your application, the Admissions team will be in contact with you directly to request this.

thank you! no worries i ended up getting an offer around 1 month after applying
Reply 35
Anyone got offers for Vet medicine?Have been on hold since beginning of January but no other response.....
Reply 36
Original post by lingab
Hey I also got an offer for computer science

Me tooo
Anyone pick Lenton and Wortley as their accommodation? I’d love to get to know you guys!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending