The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Official University of Manchester Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Just got an offer for aerospace engineering!!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone had offers for CS as yet?

Yes...I got it for 3 A*s
Reply 22
I got mine 15 days ago
Original post by jamest0394q
anyone got an offer for computer science?
Got an offer to read History as well :smile: a few hours ago at around 7pm!
Has anyone received an Non-Academic Form for medicine yet?
Original post by waffelton
I applied for Classics and haven’t heard back yet :frown:

It varies from department to department and it's also dependent on how competitive the courses are. If you are applying early, you have put yourself in good stead for receiving an offer for that course.

At the end of the day, it is just based on how good your application is. Some departments like to wait till January to assign places as they want to give everyone a reasonable shot at getting rather than completely prioritising early applicants.
Original post by wizardofoz_
Has anyone received an Non-Academic Form for medicine yet?

i havent :frown:
Anyone get offer from BABEcon Economics and Finance?
Hey, applied to Optometry , does anyone know if there are any groupchats
Anyone get offer from BABEcon Economics and Finance?

One of my friends has got an offer for Economics and Finance but it may just be pure Economics (I think BA) and he got it a couple of days after me (Around about the 11th or 12th of October)
Reply 30
Oh ok
Hopefully I get a response this week

did you?
what time in the day are responses typically given?

Mine was announced on the UCAS system at about 4pm. School finished at 4 and I checked my emails at 4:30 when I got home to see there was an update to my application on UCAS Track. The email itself doesn't say what their decision is so you have to go through the hub to find out. It just says there was an update which means that you might have been accepted or rejected, invited for interview or you need to add something to your application to aid their decision.
It looks something like this (without the blacked-out bits. I did that myself for privacy):
Attachment not found
Original post by longdayfr
did you?

not got a response yet
think they're assessing them in order because i saw someone get an offer on tuesday and they applied on the 16th october. someone who applied on the 13th got an offer 4 days before that. I applied on 17th october in the evening so feel like I'll get a response either today, tomorrow, or saturday.
Are you applying for computer science at manchester as well, and when did you apply
Reply 33
not got a response yet
think they're assessing them in order because i saw someone get an offer on tuesday and they applied on the 16th october. someone who applied on the 13th got an offer 4 days before that. I applied on 17th october in the evening so feel like I'll get a response either today, tomorrow, or saturday.
Are you applying for computer science at manchester as well, and when did you apply

i applied for computer science with integrated foundation year and i got an email confirming my application on the 24th of oct so i think i still have to wait a bit
Mine was announced on the UCAS system at about 4pm. School finished at 4 and I checked my emails at 4:30 when I got home to see there was an update to my application on UCAS Track. The email itself doesn't say what their decision is so you have to go through the hub to find out. It just says there was an update which means that you might have been accepted or rejected, invited for interview or you need to add something to your application to aid their decision.
It looks something like this (without the blacked-out bits. I did that myself for privacy):
Attachment not found

Ok thanks a lot
i applied for computer science with integrated foundation year and i got an email confirming my application on the 24th of oct so i think i still have to wait a bit

they confirmed mine on the 19th. not seen anyone get offers for foundation year yet so you should be good
where else did you apply
Reply 36
they confirmed mine on the 19th. not seen anyone get offers for foundation year yet so you should be good
where else did you apply

I already got offers from Nottingham and Queen many's waiting on Sheffield and royal Holloway I got,A*ABA and grade requirements for manchester foundation year is AAB so hopefully i have a shot
I already got offers from Nottingham and Queen many's waiting on Sheffield and royal Holloway I got,A*ABA and grade requirements for manchester foundation year is AAB so hopefully i have a shot

Well done bro
Just got an offer yesterday night so you’ll probably get a response early next week
Good luck bro
Reply 38
Well done bro
Just got an offer yesterday night so you’ll probably get a response early next week
Good luck bro

Omg well done !!! is that your top choice ?
You got Manchester as well as Durham yesterday !?
Well done bro
Good luck bro

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending