The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Official University of Liverpool Applicant Thread for 2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by karankk101
hey there, anyone for Msc Advanced Computer Science with a year in Industry?

Let me know if you have any particular questions which hopefully I can help with 🙂

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
got an offer for therapeutic radiography from liverpool and still waiting on diagnostic radiography
Original post by Anonymous
got an offer for therapeutic radiography from liverpool and still waiting on diagnostic radiography

Congrats on the offer. :smile: If you get offers for both, which course would you choose?
Should I apply for environmental science (my 5th choice) even though my ps is mainly about dentistry. I am interested in environmental science too but im worried if they really evaluate your ps..?
Original post by huzzah2
Should I apply for environmental science (my 5th choice) even though my ps is mainly about dentistry. I am interested in environmental science too but im worried if they really evaluate your ps..?

Hi there,

The personal statement is an important aspect of your application, and I suspect these subjects are just too different to orient your PS into something that fits for both. I would spend some more time reflecting on what areas of studies you think would be most suitable for you in future, and then make a decision on which course to devote your 5 places to based upon this.

Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

The personal statement is an important aspect of your application, and I suspect these subjects are just too different to orient your PS into something that fits for both. I would spend some more time reflecting on what areas of studies you think would be most suitable for you in future, and then make a decision on which course to devote your 5 places to based upon this.

Applicants for dentistry (and medicine and vet med) can only apply to four choices. If they put down a fifth choice, it has to be a different subject.
Original post by normaw
Applicants for dentistry (and medicine and vet med) can only apply to four choices. If they put down a fifth choice, it has to be a different subject.

Oh well that's something new I've learnt today,thanks!

Reply 27
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Liverpool Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Liverpool.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Hi! I'm Storm. I'm applying for Mechanical Engineering, I haven't attended any open days yet but hopefully if I get an offer I can go to an offer holder event and I'm nervous but excited about starting uni!
Let me know if you have any particular questions which hopefully I can help with 🙂

Hi :smile: , how long does it usually take to get an offer?

When does the portal open for accomodation preferences please?
Does anyone know when we can start applying for the accommodation please
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know when we can start applying for the accommodation please

24th January but you have until July to apply so no rush. :smile:

https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/accommodation/applying/
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Liverpool Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Liverpool.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Hi! I'm Em, and I've applied for Classical Studies at UoL. Is anyone else on here an applicant within the ACE (Archaeology and Ancient History, Classics, and Egyptology) department, or a gap year student applying for 2024 entry?
Reply 33

Oh well that's something new I've learnt today,thanks!

Hey I’ve applied for dental therapy 3 weeks ago at university of Liverpool but received no update on my application.Is that because the application process varies in different departments?
Original post by M_05
Hey I’ve applied for dental therapy 3 weeks ago at university of Liverpool but received no update on my application.Is that because the application process varies in different departments?

Three weeks isn't long and its likely that the department will have received a lot of applications in the run up to the Jan deadline. Unis have until May to respond so don't worry that you've not heard anything yet. :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by normaw

Three weeks isn't long and its likely that the department will have received a lot of applications in the run up to the Jan deadline. Unis have until May to respond so don't worry that you've not heard anything yet. :smile:

Yes I understand but I have interviews for my course that’s why I’m getting a bit anxious.
Reply 36
Hi everyone :smile: I accepted my offer for veterinary science and will be coming to Liverpool this September!
Original post by normaw
24th January but you have until July to apply so no rush. :smile:

Hi there,
Re accomodation do you receive an email or notification to apply or to log into the portal? My daughter has received an offer but not had any communication re accommodations yet others she knows received an email some time ago re accommodation. Thanks
Original post by ilovelemons
Hi there,
Re accomodation do you receive an email or notification to apply or to log into the portal? My daughter has received an offer but not had any communication re accommodations yet others she knows received an email some time ago re accommodation. Thanks

I can't recall what notifications my DD received last year but if your daughter has a student ID/reference number from other communication then she can sign up now. Instructions are here:

Although Liverpool claim that it is a first-come first-served basis, they don't allocate accommodation until after results day in August. Also consider some of the private hall options, which are usually cheaper and in good locations (Student Roost, Unite Sutdents, etc.). Some of the Student Roost halls are offered through the uni's accommodation portal.
Reply 39
Hey! I’ve got an offer for vet science, which I will be firming!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending