The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Official University of Liverpool Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Liverpool Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Liverpool.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

Thanks for making this useful thread :smile:

Always happy to answer any questions that any applicants/potential applicants have about the University or the city itself :smile:

Have a good week everyone.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Hi! I’m kitty and I’ve applied for Vet Med at uni of Liverpool :smile: I’ll be attending the upcoming open day on the 14th October and I’m really looking forward to seeing the veterinary campus at Leahurst! Really hoping I hear back about an interview soon as I’m super anxious to start planning for the future haha. Hope to hear from more applicants soon!
Original post by itsablandlife
Hi! I’m kitty and I’ve applied for Vet Med at uni of Liverpool :smile: I’ll be attending the upcoming open day on the 14th October and I’m really looking forward to seeing the veterinary campus at Leahurst! Really hoping I hear back about an interview soon as I’m super anxious to start planning for the future haha. Hope to hear from more applicants soon!

Good luck! I had a few friends who did Vet Med at Liverpool, and they all loved it.
Original post by itsablandlife

Best of luck in hearing back about the interview :smile: I hope you have a great visit to the campus, and Leahurst on the 14th! Let me know if you have any questions regarding the open days, and/or the University!

Reply 5
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Liverpool Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Liverpool.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Hi! I'm applying for the mechatronics and robotics systems degree. I don't know if I will be attending the October open days yet but I definitely will be visiting the city! So far I'm feeling very excited but nervous about starting university
Original post by LaurynGold
Hi! I'm applying for the mechatronics and robotics systems degree. I don't know if I will be attending the October open days yet but I definitely will be visiting the city! So far I'm feeling very excited but nervous about starting university

Hi there,

Glad to hear that you are applying for the University, that sounds like a very interesting course! If you have any questions then feel free to ask away :smile: If you don't make the open day, there is also applicant discovery days in the spring, which have a bigger focus upon your course/department so I would definitely recommend attending one of those.

Hi there! I'm an international student from the US that recently applied to the MLitt Archives and Records Management program. From what I've heard about the uni and Liverpool in general, it seems like a great fit for me.

One random question: why do people say 'Uni of' when referring to Liverpool? I've been watching lots of youtube videos and tiktoks about the schools I'm applying to, and I think Liverpool is the only one that says that.

Honestly this has been driving me a little crazy, so would appreciate an answer lol.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there! I'm an international student from the US that recently applied to the MLitt Archives and Records Management program. From what I've heard about the uni and Liverpool in general, it seems like a great fit for me.

One random question: why do people say 'Uni of' when referring to Liverpool? I've been watching lots of youtube videos and tiktoks about the schools I'm applying to, and I think Liverpool is the only one that says that.

Honestly this has been driving me a little crazy, so would appreciate an answer lol.

People say 'Uni of' when referring to any university that starts with 'uni of'. e.g. Uni of Sheffield, Uni of Nottingham, Uni of Leeds, Uni of Manchester..... It's not specific to Liverpool
(edited 6 months ago)

There are three universities in Liverpool: University of Liverpool, LJMU and Liverpool Hope University. I currently live in Liverpool and everyone here calls Uni of Liverpool ‘uni of’ usually because it’s just the best way of differentiating it from the other unis here, at least in my experience! :smile:

Great to hear that you are hoping to study at the University of Liverpool! Let me know if you have any questions about the University or the city itself!

Reply 11
Mature student applying for Therapeutic Radiography and Oncology.
Original post by lolfish
Mature student applying for Therapeutic Radiography and Oncology.

Okay, I'd just recommend applying for whatever accommodation you like the best - sounds like it's Vine Court. They will put you in a flat with mature students (dependent on your age) or contact you if there are any issues, but there haven't been in my experience.
Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

Thanks for making this useful thread :smile:

Always happy to answer any questions that any applicants/potential applicants have about the University or the city itself :smile:

Have a good week everyone.

Hello there,
If 2 courses are similar - for example one is a combined honours with 50/50 split options to include a language and another includes language as a smaller fraction of single honours degree is it ok to apply for both courses via UCAS. Or, will the University potentially only make 1 offer? I’ve seen on various threads that a few other Institutions are making offers for both. Thank you
Original post by ilovelemons
Hello there,
If 2 courses are similar - for example one is a combined honours with 50/50 split options to include a language and another includes language as a smaller fraction of single honours degree is it ok to apply for both courses via UCAS. Or, will the University potentially only make 1 offer? I’ve seen on various threads that a few other Institutions are making offers for both. Thank you

It should be fine - I know someone who basically applied for 3 iterations of the same course and got into all of them - 75/25 both ways and then 50/50....
Original post by Sandtrooper
It should be fine - I know someone who basically applied for 3 iterations of the same course and got into all of them - 75/25 both ways and then 50/50....

Thank you! Was that with the University of Liverpool? And can you then choose both firm and insurance for same University- specifically Liverpool x thank you 😊
Original post by ilovelemons
Thank you! Was that with the University of Liverpool? And can you then choose both firm and insurance for same University- specifically Liverpool x thank you 😊

Yes to both, as far as I am aware! What course(s) are you applying for?
hello all, if you have gotten an offer from the uni of liverpool, say hi here - Official University of Liverpool Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry - The Student Room and check out other official offer holder threads here: Official Offer Holder Threads for 2024 - The Student Room
Original post by emm4nuella
hello all, if you have gotten an offer from the uni of liverpool, say hi here - Official University of Liverpool Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry - The Student Room and check out other official offer holder threads here: Official Offer Holder Threads for 2024 - The Student Room

Hi there,

That's great, thanks for advertising this!

hey there, anyone for Msc Advanced Computer Science with a year in Industry?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending