The Student Room Group

Epq ideas

Hello!

I have come up with an idea for an Epq question and I was wondering if someone would be able to suggest any changes I should make as I am not sure it is up to a good standard.

“Should the exploitation of children through family vlogging be illegal”.

Thank you!!
I think this idea's pretty interesting! I could guess the points against it: emotional stress, false image, 'perfect' public image and mental health issues, but what about the points for it?

I'd define what counts as 'exploitation' or not, and how old does the children needs to be i.e. consent to this. And what should the consequences be if it's made 'illegal'?
Original post by Bookworm524
I think this idea's pretty interesting! I could guess the points against it: emotional stress, false image, 'perfect' public image and mental health issues, but what about the points for it?

I'd define what counts as 'exploitation' or not, and how old does the children needs to be i.e. consent to this. And what should the consequences be if it's made 'illegal'?

Perfect, thank you! Do you think the question is strong enough, or do you think I should reword it? I’m not quite sure what you mean about the “points for it.”
I mean what are the points supporting 'exploitation of children through family vlogging shouldn't be illegal'

Oops sorry I might have made things a bit confusing there. I meant points against family vlogging and points supporting family vlogging
Oops sorry I might have made things a bit confusing there. I meant points against family vlogging and points supporting family vlogging

Ohhh, I understand now!
I was thinking something like, it leaves the children with all of their childhood memories to look back on, they get money (which they might not have had before), more time with family and their parents (as they are not at work), they get to meet a wide range of people and experience things they wouldn’t have done before.
Do you think any of these would work??

Thank you!!
Original post by Jane Louise 223
Hello!

I have come up with an idea for an Epq question and I was wondering if someone would be able to suggest any changes I should make as I am not sure it is up to a good standard.

“Should the exploitation of children through family vlogging be illegal”.

Thank you!!

When I did my Epq I got told it’s better to have ‘to what extent will’ or something along those lines, rather than should as it will give more room for analysis and research and reach a thorough conclusion. because should may just be a yes or no answer which will not go into depth and prevent you from achieving the highest mark in the marking Criteria :smile:
Lmk if you have any other q about Epq
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
When I did my Epq I got told it’s better to have ‘to what extent will’ or something along those lines, rather than should as it will give more room for analysis and research and reach a thorough conclusion. because should may just be a yes or no answer which will not go into depth and prevent you from achieving the highest mark in the marking Criteria :smile:
Lmk if you have any other q about Epq

Thank you!

I’m a bit stuck on how I would reword me question with a “to what extent start”. Do you think something like “to what extent will the exploitation of children through family vlogging… and then I get a bit stuck.

I appreciate your help!
Thank you!

I’m a bit stuck on how I would reword me question with a “to what extent start”. Do you think something like “to what extent will the exploitation of children through family vlogging… and then I get a bit stuck.

I appreciate your help!

There’s a few I can think of…

to what extent will the exploitation of children through family vlogging impact them in their adult hood

To what extent does the exploitation of children through family vlogging negatively impact them

Also u don’t have to do to what extent if your struggling instead you could actually still use the original title you had and perhaps to develop it like add discuss

Should the exploitation of children through family vlogging be made illegal- discuss (I think I added discuss at the end of mine)

or should family vlogging come with restrictions to prevent children exploitation- discuss

hope that helped, really interesting topic you chose :smile:
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
There’s a few I can think of…

to what extent will the exploitation of children through family vlogging impact them in their adult hood

To what extent does the exploitation of children through family vlogging negatively impact them

Also u don’t have to do to what extent if your struggling instead you could actually still use the original title you had and perhaps to develop it like add discuss

Should the exploitation of children through family vlogging be made illegal- discuss (I think I added discuss at the end of mine)

or should family vlogging come with restrictions to prevent children exploitation- discuss

hope that helped, really interesting topic you chose :smile:

Sorry for the late reply. That’s amazing, thank you so much!!
Sorry for the late reply. That’s amazing, thank you so much!!

No worries, if you need any more help lmk. EPQ can be really confusing at the start knowing how to do everything

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending