The Student Room Group

I need to get out of a tenancy agreement. How do people transfer their rooms?

Hello, sorry if this is a stupid question.
I'm taking a gap year and trying to do what's in the title. I'm already trying to handle it in another way, but if that falls through, how do people transfer their rooms to another tenant? This is about student accommodation/private halls.
Original post by cloudchamber
Hello, sorry if this is a stupid question.
I'm taking a gap year and trying to do what's in the title. I'm already trying to handle it in another way, but if that falls through, how do people transfer their rooms to another tenant? This is about student accommodation/private halls.

Hi there,
The best way to find a replacement tenant is usually to post on forums like this, social media and websites like Spare Room. Always keep the accommodation you have booked with informed, as they may have a specific approach to tenancy takeovers or even be able to help, if they have a waiting list. Your accommodation will be able to inform you of the steps. For example, you may need the replacement tenant to contact your accommodation and fill in a form. Usually once they accept the offer of the room, there is a short cooling off period before your tenancy can be cancelled.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie
Reply 2
Where is your student accomodation? I might be interested in booking it. And you have to check with the student accom and see if they accept tenancy takeovers and if there’s any fees. They’ll help you transfer the contract
Reply 3
Original post by Zenaxx22
Where is your student accomodation? I might be interested in booking it. And you have to check with the student accom and see if they accept tenancy takeovers and if there’s any fees. They’ll help you transfer the contract

Are you still looking for a student accommodation? I am looking to have someone takeover my tenancy in Handel Mansion if you're interested
Reply 4
Original post by OumK
Are you still looking for a student accommodation? I am looking to have someone takeover my tenancy in Handel Mansion if you're interested
Hi, is this still available?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending