The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Accomodation

I am a 1st year Medicine student at Kings and am struggling to find accommodation. If anyone is willing to room or could provide any alternatives/advice it would be greatly appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by idcleavefvedee
I am a 1st year Medicine student at Kings and am struggling to find accommodation. If anyone is willing to room or could provide any alternatives/advice it would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried looking on spare student room? I’m afraid it’s so close to the start of term that I highly doubt anyone will be giving up their room willingly unless for unforeseen reasons. Keep checking the portal as you never know if rooms come up but try calling king’s residences as you should be guaranteed accommodation as you’re in your first year. They should help you
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2

Hii I'm looking to transfer tenancy
I have a bronze Studio at Canvas Walthamstow for 23/24 academic year for only 290 pw (a 50-week contract)
1 minute walk from tube (Victoria line)
Message if interested :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)

Do you have access to the portal
Original post by Anonymous
Do you have access to the portal

Do you ?
Do you ?

Not really, I don’t have the book now option but called yesterday so don’t know when I’ll get access or what rooms are available
Not really, I don’t have the book now option but called yesterday so don’t know when I’ll get access or what rooms are available

When did you register ? And what year are you in ?
When did you register ? And year are you in ?

Third year, registered in April but got put on waiting list, then I was going to take over a tenancy elsewhere but it fell through last minute
When did you register ? And what year are you in ?

Do you have access yet
Yeah I’ve got access im going into 3rd year too much no rooms coming up :frown:
Third year, registered in April but got put on waiting list, then I was going to take over a tenancy elsewhere but it fell through last minute

That’s so messed up what are you planning to do then ?
Yeah I’ve got access im going into 3rd year too much no rooms coming up :frown:

None at all?
None at all?

I have seen angel lane cancellations a few times but i cant afford angel lane for me the only ones i can would be any on guys campus . But yes actually i have seen angel lane come up
That’s so messed up what are you planning to do then ?

There’s this other tenancy that I may be able to take over but it’s a lot more expensive, otherwise spareroom, but i have 24 hours to accept and was hoping I would get access today
I have seen angel lane cancellations a few times but i cant afford angel lane for me the only ones i can would be any on guys campus . But yes actually i have seen angel lane come up

Ooo I was really hoping for Angel Lane

Around how many were there on the portal
There’s this other tenancy that I may be able to take over but it’s a lot more expensive, otherwise spareroom, but i have 24 hours to accept and was hoping I would get access today

Oh my that must be really stressful sorry you’re having to deal with that :/ i emailed kings res asking if its possible to take over a room if there are cancellations throughout the year but they havnt responded yet and i dont even know if there’s a waitlist for that or something .
Around how many were there on the portal

Like 1 or two but they kept being taken then cancelled again so if you had access im sure you would’ve been able to book one by now bc they have come up .
Oh my that must be really stressful sorry you’re having to deal with that :/ i emailed kings res asking if its possible to take over a room if there are cancellations throughout the year but they havnt responded yet and i dont even know if there’s a waitlist for that or something .

I think you can but normally people cancel around October, I know they do room swaps in october
I think you can but normally people cancel around October, I know they do room swaps in october

I didn’t want to take my chances booking angel bevause the likelihood that come one would swap gds,wolfson or orchid for angel which is further out and more expensive is quite unlikely. Have you heard of 2nd,3rd year students taking over rooms from people who terminate contracts ?

Quick Reply

Latest