The Student Room Group

University - Right to Study Check

hi,

so as part of my university registration process, i had to complete both an online pre-registration and will also have to attend an in-person right to study and registration.

we pick our own day and time we wish the appointment to happen, and i’m happy to attend this however there’s an option for home students (UK and Ireland nationals) and an option for international students.

now, i am not per se an international student. i have lived in the UK for about 16 years now and have a settled status under the EU settlement scheme, i do not however have a UK passport or a british citizenship

so my question is, do i register at my university as a home student or an international? i’m not really sure, as through my UCAS application i was not considered an international student as far as i’m aware and through SFE i was also not charged international tuition fees, but i’m not sure if this may be different.

thanks.
Original post by kayysstarss
hi,

so as part of my university registration process, i had to complete both an online pre-registration and will also have to attend an in-person right to study and registration.

we pick our own day and time we wish the appointment to happen, and i’m happy to attend this however there’s an option for home students (UK and Ireland nationals) and an option for international students.

now, i am not per se an international student. i have lived in the UK for about 16 years now and have a settled status under the EU settlement scheme, i do not however have a UK passport or a british citizenship

so my question is, do i register at my university as a home student or an international? i’m not really sure, as through my UCAS application i was not considered an international student as far as i’m aware and through SFE i was also not charged international tuition fees, but i’m not sure if this may be different.

thanks.

If you're a home student as far as UCAS and SFE are concerned, then you'll be a home student as far as the university is concerned too.

However, if you're at all unsure, ask the uni itself for confirmation. (When you do so, point out that you don't have a UK passport or British citizenship; they may ask you to being along some documentation regarding your settled status.)
Reply 2
Has the Uni told you that you are a Home or International student ?
Reply 3
Original post by kayysstarss
hi,

thanks.

Hi @kayysstarss could you please share what you decided to do for registration? I will be in a similar position. Thank you
Reply 4
My 17yo daughter is in similar position. We live in the UK for 13 years and we all have settle status. I don't know what would be better for her - to live her with her present passport or to apply for her British citizenship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending