The Student Room Group

Will I even be approved?

I applied for student finance before the deadline earlier this year and it was approved, however a couple of days ago I had to switch courses and universities and therefore had to update my student finance details. I’m not really sure how long this will take and when I will receive money, if it’s even approved at all. I studied a foundation year that started September 2021 at Northumbria, then moved to Preston and did year 1 of a degree, and intended to study year 2 starting this month but I had failed a module and was told I could not progress, and therefore am hoping to start year 1 of a different but similar course at a different university. Have I used up my bonus year or will this still be approved due to my first year at uni two years ago was a foundation?? I’m really worried about this
Hi,

I think your best bet is to ring up student finance England before you start the course, so you know you will definitely get the student finance, because technically it will be 5 years of student finance. I know they do allow this at times, but I dont know what the criteria is.

Good luck

-Victoria
Wrexham Uni Rep
Original post by hcldwll123
I applied for student finance before the deadline earlier this year and it was approved, however a couple of days ago I had to switch courses and universities and therefore had to update my student finance details. I’m not really sure how long this will take and when I will receive money, if it’s even approved at all. I studied a foundation year that started September 2021 at Northumbria, then moved to Preston and did year 1 of a degree, and intended to study year 2 starting this month but I had failed a module and was told I could not progress, and therefore am hoping to start year 1 of a different but similar course at a different university. Have I used up my bonus year or will this still be approved due to my first year at uni two years ago was a foundation?? I’m really worried about this

Hi there,

Did you manage to contact us to discuss this? If not. what is the course you're studying and is it full time or part time? Thanks, Jason
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

Did you manage to contact us to discuss this? If not. what is the course you're studying and is it full time or part time? Thanks, Jason

Hello,

It is a full time course doing Marketing and Advertising at Edge Hill. My circumstances have actually become worse since posting this and I am currently living in a homeless hostel. If I rang up and explained my situation would there be any way to fast track my application?
Hello,

It is a full time course doing Marketing and Advertising at Edge Hill. My circumstances have actually become worse since posting this and I am currently living in a homeless hostel. If I rang up and explained my situation would there be any way to fast track my application?

Hi there, if you're able to contact us via the live chat in your account or on 0300 100 0607 we'll look into this and help you further. Thanks, Jason
Reply 5
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, if you're able to contact us via the live chat in your account or on 0300 100 0607 we'll look into this and help you further. Thanks, Jason

I rang up and was told there was nothing I could do but wait until mid October :frown:
I rang up and was told there was nothing I could do but wait until mid October :frown:

Hi there, if you keep an eye on your account updating. Timescales are estimates based on workflows. You can track the progress here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a4p4IP1lzo Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending