The Student Room Group

Vacation

Hi,my name is namy, actually I just want to confirm my elder brother marriage is take place on 10th december and my vacation will be started from university on 16th december. It's very urgent for me to go there because my grandmother is sick and it's about her last wish to see me and enjoy with me that function. I want to go there from second december but I will come back in vacation on 4th July because my vacation will be over on 8th January. So please anyone help me or advice me.
I think you should sort of all the dates and things to be done before having your vacation. so, you won't have any problem with your university.
Reply 2
Original post by Navsaini
Hi,my name is namy, actually I just want to confirm my elder brother marriage is take place on 10th december and my vacation will be started from university on 16th december. It's very urgent for me to go there because my grandmother is sick and it's about her last wish to see me and enjoy with me that function. I want to go there from second december but I will come back in vacation on 4th July because my vacation will be over on 8th January. So please anyone help me or advice me.

You should check your university's rules about absence during term time.

You need to find out what will be going on during the period you are absent. It will be your responsibility to catch up on any missed teaching, and to make sure you've done and submitted any required coursework before the deadline -- bearing in mind that it's quite common to have a deadline of "the last day of term".

If you're studying in the UK on a student visa, you should check with your university's visa team as to whether absence from the UK during term time is likely to cause a problem.
Reply 3
Original post by martin7
You should check your university's rules about absence during term time.

You need to find out what will be going on during the period you are absent. It will be your responsibility to catch up on any missed teaching, and to make sure you've done and submitted any required coursework before the deadline -- bearing in mind that it's quite common to have a deadline of "the last day of term".

If you're studying in the UK on a student visa, you should check with your university's visa team as to whether absence from the UK during term time is likely to cause a problem.

Firstly thank you very much for your replying ,actually my vacations will be started on 16th december and i have also a letter that we can travel in vacations and we can work fultime.
Reply 4
Original post by Navsaini
Firstly thank you very much for your replying ,actually my vacations will be started on 16th december and i have also a letter that we can travel in vacations and we can work fultime.

You said your brother's wedding is on 10th December and your vacation starts on 16th December. It sounds like you want to travel on 2nd December and come back on 4th January (you said 4th July but I assume you meant 4th January). And your term starts on 8th January.

If you want to be away from 2nd December, then you're going to be away from university during term time.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

Quick Reply

Latest