The Student Room Group

medicine internationally

Hi,
im a bristish pakistani thininking about applying to medcine in pakistan but i have a few doubts. i was windering if people who study there can share there experinces on what its like living/studying there?
Original post by Millie2791
Hi,
im a bristish pakistani thininking about applying to medcine in pakistan but i have a few doubts. i was windering if people who study there can share there experinces on what its like living/studying there?

Any particular reason as to why you're thinking about applying to Pakistan ?
Reply 2
Original post by Goldengirl2002
Any particular reason as to why you're thinking about applying to Pakistan ?

didnt really get the grades for uni in england so i am trying elsewhere. my parent think it might be nice for me to go there to study but idk
Original post by Millie2791
didnt really get the grades for uni in england so i am trying elsewhere. my parent think it might be nice for me to go there to study but idk

If you're willing to adapt to Pakistani society (which is obviously different to UK) then I think its not a bad idea because you'll get to study medicine and you'll have an opportunity to not only experience your culture in depth, you'll meet people who have had different life experiences to you ! ( I suppose you can say that about all unis lol)

But you have to remember that Pakistan (depending where you go ) will not have fancy facilities like England. If you're willing to adapt then I think you should go for it. You do need to sit the Pakistani medical entrance exam called the MDCAT and there is quite a lot of bureaucracy involved as well.

In the mean time think about resitting your A levels and apply to both Uk and Pakistan ! Also do contact the unis in Pakistan and see if they accept your grades because I'm sure medicine is competitive there too.

Good luck !
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Goldengirl2002
If you're willing to adapt to Pakistani society (which is obviously different to UK) then I think its not a bad idea because you'll get to study medicine and you'll have an opportunity to not only experience your culture in depth, you'll meet people who have had different life experiences to you ! ( I suppose you can say that about all unis lol)

But you have to remember that Pakistan (depending where you go ) will not have fancy facilities like England. If you're willing to adapt then I think you should go for it. You do need to sit the Pakistani medical entrance exam called the MDCAT and there is quite a lot of bureaucracy involved as well.

In the mean time think about resitting your A levels and apply to both Uk and Pakistan ! Also do contact the unis in Pakistan and see if they accept your grades because I'm sure medicine is competitive there too.

Good luck !

hi,
thank you! ive checked but i dont have to do the mdact thankfully. however i was a little concerned for the safety as a female living alone idk how safe it is to go out alone during the day? i also dont know how different the studying style is from the uk because i feel like it is?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending