The Student Room Group

Am I going to not be allowed to continue in school?

I have very very severe anxiety that is mostly social which causes me to miss a lot of school. I also have depression and I'm currently going the the diagnosis process for Autism. I am 15 and in Scotland, my attendance is currently 53% since I last checked, the best it has been since I was in the early years of primary school. Do you think that I will not be allowed to continue with school? I am really freaking out about this and I'm kind of having a panic attack buy I really need someone's input. I am doing Nat4's and I keep as up to date with work as possible buy I spoke to my social worker and she told me that I'll be not allowed to keep on going to school after this year and when I asked more questions, she just told me to speak to my pupil support and I emailed her and she wants me to see her tomorrow and I'm really scared.
Original post by Anonymous
I have very very severe anxiety that is mostly social which causes me to miss a lot of school. I also have depression and I'm currently going the the diagnosis process for Autism. I am 15 and in Scotland, my attendance is currently 53% since I last checked, the best it has been since I was in the early years of primary school. Do you think that I will not be allowed to continue with school? I am really freaking out about this and I'm kind of having a panic attack buy I really need someone's input. I am doing Nat4's and I keep as up to date with work as possible buy I spoke to my social worker and she told me that I'll be not allowed to keep on going to school after this year and when I asked more questions, she just told me to speak to my pupil support and I emailed her and she wants me to see her tomorrow and I'm really scared.

Sorry to hear that you are struggling. I would try to stay calm, and chat to pupil support tomorrow. It's not long now! They are there to help you, and you will have time to reflect on what they say afterwards. Perhaps just try and write down your main questions and concerns so that you have them in front of you tomorrow, and then find something you enjoy doing to distract yourself this evening.

Good luck with everything. Sending you positive energy!
Was she saying you aren't going to be allowed to continue post-16 education, or was she saying you don't have to continue post-16 education? As those are quite different!
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
Was she saying you aren't going to be allowed to continue post-16 education, or was she saying you don't have to continue post-16 education? As those are quite different!

She was saying that I wouldn't be allowed and I was like uh what do I do then (trying not to cry in the middle of our conversation) and she was like college but speak to your pupil support
Can you try to write down a list of what makes you anxious about being in school? Even if it just seems like little things to other people like the smell of the corridors or something, it might help you to give a picture of what it's really like for you, which they might be able to take on board? If you write it down, then you won't have to try to remember it and they won't be able to mishear you or try to put another spin on what you're saying. It's just that it might help if they knew exactly how they could change things to make it somewhere that provokes less anxiety for you, rather than them thinking its just like you can't cope with anything or everything.
Original post by Anonymous
She was saying that I wouldn't be allowed and I was like uh what do I do then (trying not to cry in the middle of our conversation) and she was like college but speak to your pupil support

Well college is still a form of school! So you do still have some options :smile: Try and stay focused on that - as you may end up going a different route but ending up at the same place in the end :h:

Quick Reply

Latest