The Student Room Group

Is DoFe worth it

Last year, I completed the bronze level of the Duke of Edinburgh (DoFe) award program with my school. Recently, we received an email inviting us to participate in the silver level of the DoFe program. However, I have a language GCSE exam a few days before the expedition and a trip to Germany scheduled shortly after. This makes me concerned about having a packed schedule during that period. I'm wondering if pursuing the DoFe awards actually provides significant benefits for university applications and whether they are worth the effort. For those who have already completed the silver level, what was your experience like? Do you think I might have too much going on at that time to take on the silver DoFe challenge?
Reply 1
Original post by VoiidDev
Last year, I completed the bronze level of the Duke of Edinburgh (DoFe) award program with my school. Recently, we received an email inviting us to participate in the silver level of the DoFe program. However, I have a language GCSE exam a few days before the expedition and a trip to Germany scheduled shortly after. This makes me concerned about having a packed schedule during that period. I'm wondering if pursuing the DoFe awards actually provides significant benefits for university applications and whether they are worth the effort. For those who have already completed the silver level, what was your experience like? Do you think I might have too much going on at that time to take on the silver DoFe challenge?

I recently finished my Gold DofE expedition and am set to receive the award next summer. It is NOT worth it. The practice expedition was hell and the real expedition wasn't as bad as the practice one, however, they were both pretty bad. I managed to complete it but at the end of the day it was not worth it. Loads of people do DofE and putting it on a ucas PS doesn't make you stand out. It's a very generic thing to do and in my opinion isn't worth all the effort when you get pretty much nothing out of it. I'd rather focus on the other two events you have and not do Silver.
i would look at what you currently have for your ucas statement, it is quite generic, and i havent included it in mine, even tho i have gold. especially if your not in good physical condition ie injurys its really not worth it

Quick Reply

Latest