The Student Room Group

Dofe

Guys I'm doing sliver dofe I haven't done bronze do you think it's worth it?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 1
Nope lol if you're doing it for fun then yep , don't expect it to mean anything on your cv
I personally really enjoyed silver DofE, but then I do enjoy hiking, map reading and navigating. There's definitely less people who do it for the sake of it, which was one of the reasons I didn't enjoy bronze as much.

If you enjoy hiking, or are considering gold (which I also highly recommend!) then you should definitely go for it. I think that committing time to the different sections helps you develop as a person, finding activities you enjoy and also serves as a way to destress from school. The volunteering can help your community, helps you feel of value, and probably looks good on a CV. Although I don't think the whole DofE would help too much for jobs and uni as you could just do some volunteering.
Reply 3
Original post by ScienceBean
I personally really enjoyed silver DofE, but then I do enjoy hiking, map reading and navigating. There's definitely less people who do it for the sake of it, which was one of the reasons I didn't enjoy bronze as much.

If you enjoy hiking, or are considering gold (which I also highly recommend!) then you should definitely go for it. I think that committing time to the different sections helps you develop as a person, finding activities you enjoy and also serves as a way to destress from school. The volunteering can help your community, helps you feel of value, and probably looks good on a CV. Although I don't think the whole DofE would help too much for jobs and uni as you could just do some volunteering.

Mhmm I see I'm in year 10 and year 10 is really boring and I think doing dofe this year would be nice I'm not planning on doing gold or anything I just want to try something new and it will help me as a person as well I'm also going on the france school trip soo I think it also make year 10 more fun do u have any idea what I can do for the volunteering
Original post by CAROL_47
Mhmm I see I'm in year 10 and year 10 is really boring and I think doing dofe this year would be nice I'm not planning on doing gold or anything I just want to try something new and it will help me as a person as well I'm also going on the france school trip soo I think it also make year 10 more fun do u have any idea what I can do for the volunteering

Hi @CAROL_47 ,

I did Bronze DofE with my friends and it was a good laugh (although at times we did get lost!). Looking back on the times it was fun and we still talk about it to this day.

As for volunteering, I did mine in a charity shop. I think charity shops are always keen to have volunteers help them out so do reach out to some and explain what you are doing it for. Other things you could do is litter picking or scouts/brownies (if you have a group nearby).

What kind of hobbies/activities do you like to do? You might be able to find something that aligns with it. Finally, do not be afraid to ask your school/teachers for some ideas.

Good luck. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending