The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL A101 Liverpool University Graduate Entry Medicine Thread 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by cautionary-mania
Original post by Dr.Duke
Hi All,
Hope everyone doing well. Just a small question has anyone else got the confirmation from Liverpool saying they got our application or is it just that did not hear anything back from them. Whilst other unis have already sent interview dates.

Haven't heard anything still about application or interview - I got UCAT 3300 so pretty sure Ive got a good chance. The wait is agonising.

Liverpool a101 recognise gamsat not ucat
Reply 21
Applicant here🫡 heard back from swansea and notts, still waiting on liverpool and st georges
Anyone have any news for interviews yet? Looks like A100 invites have just gone out
Reply 23
Original post by cautionary-mania
Haven't heard anything still about application or interview - I got UCAT 3300 so pretty sure Ive got a good chance. The wait is agonising.

yah I applied for the graduate entry, my score is high enough for gamsat so lets hope for the best
Reply 24
Any interview news about a101
Reply 25
I haven’t heard anything about interviews but the A100 applicants got more interviews today, has anyone rung up and know anything about when they might be? Just worried because of work.
Just received an interview invite for A101. Email from the uni an hour ago
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 27
Yeah same here 😊
Reply 28
My invite went to my junk file btw!
Well done on the interviews so far everyone! Just wondering what your stats are - I’m hoping to apply this year!
Reply 30
Interviewwww
Original post by Elsatrish1
Well done on the interviews so far everyone! Just wondering what your stats are - I’m hoping to apply this year!

Thank you! 77 gamsat (69/73/84), 2:2 undergrad in Maths (integrated masters) + MSc, 7 years in health and social care management/consultancy roles with the past 3 directly for NHS acute trust

Take these with a pinch of salt, as this is the first year with a new course / admissions process, and with only a short notice of the course being available before the UCAS deadline, so may not be indicative for future years
Original post by aspiringgem
Thank you! 77 gamsat (69/73/84), 2:2 undergrad in Maths (integrated masters) + MSc, 7 years in health and social care management/consultancy roles with the past 3 directly for NHS acute trust

Take these with a pinch of salt, as this is the first year with a new course / admissions process, and with only a short notice of the course being available before the UCAS deadline, so may not be indicative for future years

That’s an amazing GAMSAT score - how did you prep for it if you don’t mind me asking? I’m prepping atm and it v challenging, I’m doing a Physiology degree rn.

And for sure - I imagine they might make a few changes to entry requirements and application process in the upcoming cycles.
Original post by Elsatrish1
That’s an amazing GAMSAT score - how did you prep for it if you don’t mind me asking? I’m prepping atm and it v challenging, I’m doing a Physiology degree rn.

And for sure - I imagine they might make a few changes to entry requirements and application process in the upcoming cycles.

Thank you! It definitely took me by surprise - such a mystifying exam.

I started about this time last year and sat in September. Did a couple hours per week then ramped up the month before the exam. The first 3 months were just trying to get my head around what GAMSAT actually was. I found it all incredibly daunting. 90% of my prep was on section 3.

I did A-Level chemistry 12 years ago so first step was brushing up on that. Was comfortable with physics due to my maths degree. Had no idea about biology but once I'd brushed up on chem I just got straight into practice questions and learned the bio as I went - found it was more conceptual / graphical interpretation rather than core knowledge, but learnt a few concepts along the way. Des O'Neill was by far the best resource I used for a large bank of practice questions. I kept a log of the questions I was getting wrong so I knew where to focus study. Khan Academy was great for learning new concepts.

The actual S3 exam itself was nothing like ACER practice papers though. Loads more maths, and the concepts were more abstract that required more reasoning and less subject matter knowledge. In hindsight it probably played to my strengths but at the time I felt like I'd bombed it. Medify was the resource I used that was most similar to the actual exam.

For S1, just used Medify and ACER materials about a month before the exam. Medify was good at explaining answers to what I thought were ambiguous questions.

For S2, random quote generators online. Spent 75% of my prep just prepping essays rather than writing them. ChatGPT gave decent feedback/scoring, as did the official ACER online marker.
Reply 34
Original post by aspiringgem

Hi, could you explain the new course set up and the changes they’ve made?
Reply 35
Has anyone else emailed about additional time and not heard anything back?
Original post by fegafaye
Hi, could you explain the new course set up and the changes they’ve made?

Liverpool have done GEM historically but there wasn’t a course for 2023 entry. They brought it back for 2024, but now accept any previous degree (rather than biomed and related), and looks like more preference for NHS experience as part of the application. Not sure if the course itself is different this year but the supplementary info suggests it is still being designed so expect there will be some minor changes.

They only announced they were doing 2024 a few weeks before the ucas deadline, which may have precluded some people from applying given GAMSAT is a requirement. If GAMSAT is still required for 2025 (likely), more people have the forewarning it’s needed and therefore likely to get a higher number of applications.
Reply 37
Original post by djones287
Has anyone else emailed about additional time and not heard anything back?

Yeah I emailed them on Friday afternoon and still no response. I tried calling but they're not taking any calls at the moment, so in a bit of a limbo right now
Have anyone who has emailed heard back? I can’t use the link because i’ve already booked an A100 interview too. just received an email asking if I still want to be considered or if I want to withdraw but i’ve emailed and called so many times to let them know😭
Reply 39
Booked onto the 2nd, but when I looked at trainline, there's strikes that affect one of my trains💀

I emailed to ask for advice but no response yet. It's been a week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending