The Student Room Group

I'm considering a Physics EPQ (feeling bad about dropping it)

I have just started Year 12 and I feel really bad for dropping Physics after a month. (I was doing, Maths, Computer Science, Physics and Computer Science)Also, I feel like I've failed being the only girl in my Physics till now...(also in FM btw but I'm definitely not dropping it)

Should I do a Physics EPQ to feel good about myself and because I might wanna study it later in life. Can I do Physics in uni if I don't take it as an A-Level? I have decided to study Maths later as of now...
Hi,
You'll need A-level physics if you want to study Physics at university. Maths degrees can sometimes include modules that are more mechanics based so you may end up being able to do something physics adjacent.

In terms of EPQ, I would say that you should only do an EPQ if it is related to the course you want to study at uni or if you're really interested in the subject. Don't just do an EPQ in physics just because you feel bad about dropping it - it's really important that you choose something you're going to be motivated to complete the whole project on, as it takes lots of work!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending