The Student Room Group

UCAS conditional offer

I'm applying with my predicted grade as I just finished my AS today,if my predicted grade is lower than requirement grade, would I be rejected? I feel like I did great for my AS but my predicted grade is lower that requirement

My predicted grade is A*A*BBC(C is biology,I might drop it if I grt bad result for AS)
Requirement is A*A*A
Original post by Sehyun
I'm applying with my predicted grade as I just finished my AS today,if my predicted grade is lower than requirement grade, would I be rejected? I feel like I did great for my AS but my predicted grade is lower that requirement

My predicted grade is A*A*BBC(C is biology,I might drop it if I grt bad result for AS)
Requirement is A*A*A

The fact that you've apparently opted to take take five A levels has almost certainly had a detrimental impact on the grades for the three which unis care about. My advice would be to at least drop one of them (likely Biology, in which you got a C) to give you more time to focus on getting one of those Bs up to an A. (You should probably drop two of them, to be honest, but I know some schools/colleges are obsessed with their students doing four, often to their detriment.)

If you told your school/college that you were dropping Biology to focus more on one of those B subjects, do you think they'd change that prediction to an A?

As to your actual question ("f my predicted grade is lower than requirement grade, would I be rejected?"), it would depend on how competitive the course / uni is. If they're asking for A*A*A, then it's likely a very competitive course / uni, so there's a strong chance they won't make you an offer, I'm afraid. :frown:

Which course / uni is this for?
I agree that the higher requirements, the less likelihood of wiggle room.

One grade below is plausible, but 2 less so.

No idea if those are all AL or if you've included an EPQ prediction, but there's only handful of courses that would consider a fourth AL, much less a fifth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending