The Student Room Group

Turnitin score

I'm a final year student and I've just gone to submit my final assignment (I'm returning after a year of absence so my submission was different than usual). I was having some problems with the turnitin portal as I was submitting drafts before I made the final sub. When I then went to sub, its flagging as 93% but when I've clicked this, it's literally my own work from a draft sub thats flagging up) the module leader was new to sorting this portal) One I'm wondering what is going to happen with this? And two when I check similarity, I had 8% from my university, it was random bits throughout the assignment and then a small paragraph highlighted, all saying from a students paper submitted on the same date. Does this mean it will get pulled up on?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a final year student and I've just gone to submit my final assignment (I'm returning after a year of absence so my submission was different than usual). I was having some problems with the turnitin portal as I was submitting drafts before I made the final sub. When I then went to sub, its flagging as 93% but when I've clicked this, it's literally my own work from a draft sub thats flagging up) the module leader was new to sorting this portal) One I'm wondering what is going to happen with this? And two when I check similarity, I had 8% from my university, it was random bits throughout the assignment and then a small paragraph highlighted, all saying from a students paper submitted on the same date. Does this mean it will get pulled up on?

Yes, a 93% score will attract instant attention, no, it won't be a problem once an academic sees it relates to earlier versions. Turnitin does not make decisions about plagiarism, that takes a real person who can tell the difference between well referenced quotes or version control versus an attempt to use an unreferenced copy paste of someone else's work.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Yes, a 93% score will attract instant attention, no, it won't be a problem once an academic sees it relates to earlier versions. Turnitin does not make decisions about plagiarism, that takes a real person who can tell the difference between well referenced quotes or version control versus an attempt to use an unreferenced copy paste of someone else's work.

Thanks! I don't think I've had this issue of it one flagging my whole entire assignment and two seeing it flagged up another students paper. Been worrying me since I submitted it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending