The Student Room Group

high turnitin score

on turnitin i got a score of 31% on one of my assignments and 34% on another one and they are both yellow
for the first assignment i followed a template given from the lectures and filled in my own data for a methods section and that was mainly highlighted but for my second assignment all of my references list was highlighted
im in second year psych so theyre less lenient than first year so im lowkey freaking out that they think i've plagarised or if im gonna get in trouble and fail my assignments or get penalised for a high score ???
Original post by Anonymous #1
on turnitin i got a score of 31% on one of my assignments and 34% on another one and they are both yellow
for the first assignment i followed a template given from the lectures and filled in my own data for a methods section and that was mainly highlighted but for my second assignment all of my references list was highlighted
im in second year psych so theyre less lenient than first year so im lowkey freaking out that they think i've plagarised or if im gonna get in trouble and fail my assignments or get penalised for a high score ???

Hiya,

Turnitin often does that with reference lists/bibliographies which is quite normal. As long as turnitin isn't picking up aspects or sentences/paragraphs of your essay/assignment then it should be fine. Assessors will raise a red flag if your assignment has significant indicators of plagiarism, not if the similarity for the reference list is high.

Hope this helps 🙂

-Ghala
Reply 2
As above. It'll be fine, don't fret.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi,

As @Durham Students mentioned, usually references can be picked up by turnitin. Usually if the reader of your assignment suspects it has been plagiarised or there are elements where you have, they will take a closer look.

If you are still concerned, I would recommend the lecturer or seminar leader (academic advisor if you have one) letting them know you are concerned so they can reassure you.

I hope this helps.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending