The Student Room Group

excluded from business trip

At work, I've been excluded from a team business trip.

I was actually excited because I've never been on a business trip before.

My boss said not everyone can go on the trip because there's still work needed to be done.

My boss and I are the only ones not going on the trip. I feel left out, sad and disappointed.

I've been in this situation before in previous experiences, I often wondered why, is it always me that's in this position?

I didn't volunteer to not go on the trip, I really wanted to go. I'm not in a high level position either.

I'm polite, kind, friendly, I turn up to work on time, positive, add ideas to the team. I work hard, strive to do my best.

My boss knows I'm a good colleague.

But I feel hurt.

Any advice?
Original post by Anonymous

My boss said not everyone can go on the trip because there's still work needed to be done.

My boss and I are the only ones not going on the trip. I feel left out, sad and disappointed.

I've been in this situation before in previous experiences, I often wondered why, is it always me that's in this position?

I didn't volunteer to not go on the trip, I really wanted to go. I'm not in a high level position either.

I'm polite, kind, friendly, I turn up to work on time, positive, add ideas to the team. I work hard, strive to do my best.

But I feel hurt.

Any advice?

You need to speak to your boss about it. Ask what the criteria for attending were and then work out how you can achieve them. Ask when the next visit might be. Plan to impress the boss while the others are all away.
Original post by Anonymous

But I feel hurt.

Any advice?

This is a duplicate of Left out at on Business trip, posted 2 or 3 hours ago. Note that it against TSR's Community Guidelines to "post the same content multiple times, within either a single or multiple threads".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending