The Student Room Group

Eduqas A-Level French Writing/Translation Help

Hi guys this may sound strange but i feel within my course i’m particularly struggling to think french when writing or translating- For example they found work- ils ont du travail- i didnt understand the reason for de, and was wondering how to think french so all the little words like de and que and such come into my mind as necessary as when translating i often think in english and convert as writing which often means missing words that we don’t use in english, any help appreciated thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by olivercp1
Hi guys this may sound strange but i feel within my course i’m particularly struggling to think french when writing or translating- For example they found work- ils ont du travail- i didnt understand the reason for de, and was wondering how to think french so all the little words like de and que and such come into my mind as necessary as when translating i often think in english and convert as writing which often means missing words that we don’t use in english, any help appreciated thanks :smile:

Whilst there are 'rules' to this kind of thing, I personally found that it was easier to try and 'get a feel' for the language and how to phrase things by doing lots of practice (reading in general, doing translations, etc.) as opposed to learning off by heart when to use de/du etc. But that's just me, it may be that you are different!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending