The Student Room Group

Halloween, autism, work

Hi.
So have autism suffer sensory and I'd gone to my workplace on Sat and they had decorated the office. Desks, quiet room with Halloween Dec's so frankly i became very overwhelmed. I mean with difficulty i survived the shift although unsettled at start, kinda partially took down the Decoration and then actually managed to get on with it as normal but as soon as I'd finished that job and shut down the computer i was like in fire inside all of sudden ran out the room into the quiet room for meeting to run back out again then went back in as soon as it finished i ran straight out and burst into tears just outside the doo In front if the other volunteers r. Now I'm dreading going in. I want to go but scared won't be able to cope with it. My supervisor is aware of found sat difficult as I'd emailed her to say it was overwhelming she offers a meeting this coming Sat but i don't think I've got the confidence to go back in.
just dunno what to r do..
scares to tell her exactly what happened in case it's like me saying 'not allowed decorations when actually they're perfectly allowed to obvious..
Also I just hate Halloween and fins everything to do with it so difficult it's like i have to lock myself away. Any advice.
Is this part-time? Maybe you can take leave until after Halloween given it's right around the corner.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Is this part-time? Maybe you can take leave until after Halloween given it's right around the corner.

It is.. I can and could but you know what it's difficult because if i break the routine of going in I'll be a mess but at same time I'm worried about going in. It feels like a no win situ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending