The Student Room Group

Career start in IT

I’ve done Information and Communication Technology at A-Levels before doing a degree in Computer Networks andTechnology. I’ve dreamt of becoming a IT Support Technician although at this moment I feel like a flop and failure because I’m finding it hard to find even the smallest of jobs to which I can gain relevant experience. Even something in a Helpdesk role any tips or advice please. Or any places, organisations to start from…Also where can I look for entry level roles
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
I'd say look at banks for entry roles as they do hire A LOT. I wouldn't worry too much and just keep trying, I have friends in the same position.
Original post by username5955039
I’ve done Information and Communication Technology at A-Levels before doing a degree in Computer Networks andTechnology. I’ve dreamt of becoming a IT Support Technician although at this moment I feel like a flop and failure because I’m finding it hard to find even the smallest of jobs to which I can gain relevant experience. Even something in a Helpdesk role any tips or advice please. Or any places, organisations to start from…Also where can I look for entry level roles

Hi there :hello: Unfortunately, the job market is highly competitive at present, so don't be too disheartened that it is taking you longer than you anticipated. Does the University that you attended offer careers support to former students? If so, I'd consider reaching out to them and asking for their guidance as they may have been informed of relevant entry-level careers. Alternatively, you can use other platforms such as Bright Network to find graduate and entry level jobs. Another suggestion is directly reaching out to companies that you are interested in either via telephone or email, and asking them whether they have any jobs available at present.

Hope this helps.

Lauren
WrexhamUniReps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending