The Student Room Group

New Thread Experience Feedback - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
quoting issues in psychology research thread (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7453087) in replies 2, 5, 8, 13, 19, 20 where the quote duplicated in the reply
also something weird happened in reply 25 where the code for quote was posted above the quote?
not sure if that makes sense, i posted the link above

That's because the user mispelt the word spoiler. Nothing more :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
That's because the user mispelt the word spoiler. Nothing more :smile:
oh ok
Forum is unusably slow today
Original post by ReadingMum
Forum is unusably slow today

Hey :smile:

What exactly is slow and what pages are you trying to access? We had some maintenance this morning so just want to do a little investigation on this!
Original post by Evil Homer
Hey :smile:
What exactly is slow and what pages are you trying to access? We had some maintenance this morning so just want to do a little investigation on this!

I've just had this come up as a new (7 hours old) post (in the notifications list), although it's actually more than a month old.
Original post by DFranklin
I've just had this come up as a new (7 hours old) post (in the notifications list), although it's actually more than a month old.

Hey - that's my bad, I moved a post from earlier today out to a new thread, which would have triggered your "New Posts" notification here before it was moved, apologies!

On a tangentially related note, I'll be looking at closing this thread in the next couple of weeks with a view to any additional bugs being reported though the new feedback process. This will allow us to keep issues updated more easily, rather than them being split across different threads.

If anyone has any concerns about this, please do let me know! :smile:
(edited 1 week ago)
Original post by RainbowLapras
Hey - that's my bad, I moved a post from earlier today out to a new thread, which would have triggered your "New Posts" notification here before it was moved, apologies!
On a tangentially related note, I'll be looking at closing this thread in the next couple of weeks with a view to any additional bugs being reported though the new feedback process. This will allow us to keep issues updated more easily, rather than them being split across different threads.
If anyone has any concerns about this, please do let me know! :smile:

Please sign post new feedback process on here..Honestly site is glitching badly today.I have just lost a PM I had spent 20 mins writing!
Original post by Scotney
Please sign post new feedback process on here..Honestly site is glitching badly today.I have just lost a PM I had spent 20 mins writing!

Echo this. I genuinely cannot work out how to access (follow links from any tsr menu) to 1645 without simply entering it in the url for a forum display. There is probably a way, but it seems hidden at best. It doesnt seem to be indexed by search either.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1645
(edited 1 week ago)
Original post by Scotney

Absolutely, the process is outlined here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7431594
(edited 1 week ago)
Original post by mqb2766
Echo this. I genuinely cannot work out how to access (follow links from any tsr menu) to 1645 without simply entering it in the url for a forum display. There is probably a way, but it seems hidden at best. It doesnt seem to be indexed by search either.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1645

I'll pop a link to it as the last post of this thread when it's closed, and I'll see if we can get it added to the navigation menu too :smile:
RainbowLapras
On a tangentially related note, I'll be looking at closing this thread in the next couple of weeks with a view to any additional bugs being reported though the new feedback process. This will allow us to keep issues updated more easily, rather than them being split across different threads.If anyone has any concerns about this, please do let me know!
Being brutally honest, I don't think any of us are actually expecting anything important to get fixed anymore anyhow. Very few of the initially reported missing features/issues are sorted and it's been almost six months.

For the record, my usage of the site has plummeted since the "upgrade" - and when I do start writing a reply I frequently think "**** it, I want to edit what I'm quoting/preview what I'm posting/use TeX without it going wrong" and give up.

And it's not just me even if I'm the one being most outspoken - literally hundreds of people have repped me over complaints I've raised in these threads.
mqb2766
I genuinely cannot work out how to access (follow links from any tsr menu) to 1645 without simply entering it in the url for a forum display.

RainbowLapras
I'll pop a link to it as the last post of this thread when it's closed.
Kind of struggling to see how a link in a closed thread (that I assume you're going to unsticky so it will soon be lost in the mists of time) is going to help.

Reporting an issue should absolutely be available from the navigation menu.

Incidentally, I couldn't work out how to multiquote you both (I only have a triple dot for my own posts) so I just did it manually in the end (cut+pasting from your replies and manually inserting the tags). Did you give up on multiquote, or is it not working for me, or ...? Regardless, if people who know about multiquote can't get it to work, there's precious little chance any new users will do so.
Original post by DFranklin
Kind of struggling to see how a link in a closed thread (that I assume you're going to unsticky so it will soon be lost in the mists of time) is going to help.
Reporting an issue should absolutely be available from the navigation menu.
Incidentally, I couldn't work out how to multiquote you both (I only have a triple dot for my own posts) so I just did it manually in the end (cut+pasting from your replies and manually inserting the tags). Did you give up on multiquote, or is it not working for me, or ...? Regardless, if people who know about multiquote can't get it to work, there's precious little chance any new users will do so.

It'll stay stickied for a while, and it also directs anyone who revisits this thread (as a lot of people have it watched and/or have reported issues using it in the past), rather than closing this with no direction as to where to flag things! Like I say though, I'll chase up getting it added to the nav bar soon :crossedf:

Multiquote will only add to the quick reply field, if you've already clicked reply to a specific post you won't be able to add extra quotes to it :beard:
Original post by RainbowLapras
It'll stay stickied for a while, and it also directs anyone who revisits this thread (as a lot of people have it watched and/or have reported issues using it in the past), rather than closing this with no direction as to where to flag things! Like I say though, I'll chase up getting it added to the nav bar soon :crossedf:
Multiquote will only add to the quick reply field, if you've already clicked reply to a specific post you won't be able to add extra quotes to it :beard:

The only way Ive found of accessing it by clicking is to go to the bottom of the page and click "TSR help centre", then go to the bottom of that and look at the top of the form where there is a "Help and announcements forum" link (why not some info on this page about what it is), then "Give feedback" subforum, then youre at 1645.

It may be worth having a more general think about what stuff in the Using TSR might be more accessible (menu?) and which parts to directly link. As above though, I cant see why you cant search for it and
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7435442
is still showing as new.
Original post by mqb2766
The only way Ive found of accessing it by clicking is to go to the bottom of the page and click "TSR help centre", then go to the bottom of that and look at the top of the form where there is a "Help and announcements forum" link (why not some info on this page about what it is), then "Give feedback" subforum, then youre at 1645.
It may be worth having a more general think about what stuff in the Using TSR might be more accessible (menu?) and which parts to directly link. As above though, I cant see why you cant search for it and
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7435442
is still showing as new.

I've just had confirmation that we'll be adding it to the nav bar as part of the nexr update, which will hopefully make it easier to find!

I'll also check about getting that forum indexed on search and let you know when I have more info :smile:
I just have the form bookmarked (ooh look at that word) personally:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forms.php?do=form&fid=183

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending