The Student Room Group

Newcastle partners

Can someone please explain what are the advantages of the Newcastle Partners programme? Is it lower grades to get in, lower UCAT cutoff, guaranteed interview etc? Not really sure. Thanks
Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2024 Applicants :
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
GAMSAT 2024 / 2025 entry discussions megathread
UCAT 2024 Entry Discussions Megathread

Other application years:
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
Reply 2
Original post by Mathsgeek234
Can someone please explain what are the advantages of the Newcastle Partners programme? Is it lower grades to get in, lower UCAT cutoff, guaranteed interview etc? Not really sure. Thanks

If you finish the summer school you will receive a reduced offer it can differ from AAB-BBB*and the ucat cutoff**is lower than if you were to apply without it. You can also apply with predicted grades from BBC to above.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Mathsgeek234

Hi @Mathsgeek234

The PARTNERS Programme offers eligible applicants a three grade lower offer, which is conditional on them successfully completing the PARTNERS Academic Summer School and putting Newcastle University as their firm choice. To take part in PARTNERS, you must meet all of the Essential Conditions and any one of the Eligibility Criteria. Find out the full eligibility criteria by visiting this webpage.

Alongside the benefit of the lower grades, PARTNERS involves a 5 day academic summer school during the first week of July, where you can get a realistic taste of student life and increase your confidence before starting University. You’ll will need to successfully complete a short piece of work as a part of the Summer School and receive feedback from an academic in your subject area giving you a bit of a head start on your course.

The summer school is fully funded by us and will run part online and part on campus. You can also take part in lots of social activities which is a great way to meet new people and make friends before you start your degree in the Autumn.

If you’d like to take advantage of this opportunity, you can register your interest for the PARTNERS programme on this website. Once registered, you will receive invites to informative online events and be notified when the application form for PARTNERS is available for 2024 entry.

For our Medicine and Surgery MB BS programme, PARTNERS applicants will be assessed against the three grade lower entry requirements, which will be BBB at A Level in any subject. Our Medical Admissions Team may also lower thresholds for the UCAT and interview for PARTNERS applicants.

Although PARTNERS applicants may be assessed against lower entry requirements and thresholds, they must be successful at each stage of the admissions process for our Medicine and Surgery programme to receive an offer of study and we do not guarantee that they will receive an interview.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi @Mathsgeek234

The PARTNERS Programme offers eligible applicants a three grade lower offer, which is conditional on them successfully completing the PARTNERS Academic Summer School and putting Newcastle University as their firm choice. To take part in PARTNERS, you must meet all of the Essential Conditions and any one of the Eligibility Criteria. Find out the full eligibility criteria by visiting this webpage.

Alongside the benefit of the lower grades, PARTNERS involves a 5 day academic summer school during the first week of July, where you can get a realistic taste of student life and increase your confidence before starting University. You’ll will need to successfully complete a short piece of work as a part of the Summer School and receive feedback from an academic in your subject area giving you a bit of a head start on your course.

The summer school is fully funded by us and will run part online and part on campus. You can also take part in lots of social activities which is a great way to meet new people and make friends before you start your degree in the Autumn.

If you’d like to take advantage of this opportunity, you can register your interest for the PARTNERS programme on this website. Once registered, you will receive invites to informative online events and be notified when the application form for PARTNERS is available for 2024 entry.

For our Medicine and Surgery MB BS programme, PARTNERS applicants will be assessed against the three grade lower entry requirements, which will be BBB at A Level in any subject. Our Medical Admissions Team may also lower thresholds for the UCAT and interview for PARTNERS applicants.

Although PARTNERS applicants may be assessed against lower entry requirements and thresholds, they must be successful at each stage of the admissions process for our Medicine and Surgery programme to receive an offer of study and we do not guarantee that they will receive an interview.

Hope this helps :smile:

Elliott

Hi,
I am currently in the process of applying to the PARTNERS programme. I wanted to know if there are limited spaces, or if it is just a case of if you fit the criteria, you automatically get offered a place on the programme.
For reference, I fit the postcode criteria and also have extenuating circumstances (disability but no PIP).
Thanks
Original post by gabriellamadelyn
Hi,
I am currently in the process of applying to the PARTNERS programme. I wanted to know if there are limited spaces, or if it is just a case of if you fit the criteria, you automatically get offered a place on the programme.
For reference, I fit the postcode criteria and also have extenuating circumstances (disability but no PIP).
Thanks

there is no limit on spaces, so you automatically get offered a place if you are eligible
Original post by reubenn05
there is no limit on spaces, so you automatically get offered a place if you are eligible

incredible!!! i'm so glad ive found out about this programme :smile:
Original post by gabriellamadelyn
Hi,
Thanks

Hi @gabriellamadelyn,

There is no cap on the number of students we can accept through the PARTNERS Programme. The PARTNERS Team will accept an applicant who meets all of the Essential Conditions and one (or more) of the Eligibility Criteria.

Please note that acceptance to the PARTNERS Programme does not guarantee an offer of study from the University, an offer may only be made after the Undergraduate Admissions Team review an entire application profile.

Hana :smile:
Reply 8
Is the post interview ratio for partners also 1 in 1.5 or similar to non partners applicants?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending