The Student Room Group

University

Hi I didn’t pass an assignment for one module in another university so I have applied to do my second year in another university do you think this is right thing I have done it is what I have always wanted to do
Original post by Madihah1999
Hi I didn’t pass an assignment for one module in another university so I have applied to do my second year in another university do you think this is right thing I have done it is what I have always wanted to do

I would be extremely surprised if you can get entry to the 2nd year at another university on the basis of a failed 1st year elsewhere. Have you discussed this with the admissions team at the "new" place ?

Hi there
I’ve come across people changing university to re sit their failed year again, but not the next year when they failed the first. I think it’s best to be transparent with the other uni, call or email, and tell them your situation

best wishes
Emily

Hi @Madihah1999,

I am sorry to hear that.

As you say it is something you have always wanted to do and still want to, then I would say yes it is the right thing for you. I would ensure that both universities should be aware of the transition to make it more smooth for yourself. If possible, I would find a point of contact for each university so you know what is required of you to transfer. You may be asked to repeat first year at the new university but you may not depending on what the universities rules are.

I hope this helps and gets resolved soon.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 4
Original post by Manchester Met - Student Rep
Hi there
I’ve come across people changing university to re sit their failed year again, but not the next year when they failed the first. I think it’s best to be transparent with the other uni, call or email, and tell them your situation

best wishes
Emily

Sorry I have passed my first year it is just my second year I didn’t pass an assignment so I have applied to do my second year again in another university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending