The Student Room Group

University

I don't know what to do as i was really adamant about leaving university as i wasn't happy but now im not sure anymore. I met people that i like and it is getting better but i still don't like the university i am in as i don't like the modules they have. I also know i would be happy elsewhere as i like living in cities but i am currently living in a town which also not ideal.
Reply 1
I don't know what to do as i was really adamant about leaving university as i wasn't happy but now im not sure anymore. I met people that i like and it is getting better but i still don't like the university i am in as i don't like the modules they have. I also know i would be happy elsewhere as i like living in cities but i am currently living in a town which also not ideal.
You don’t have to leave to apply elsewhere.
Put in a UCAS application to see what options you have for next year and decide in the summer whether to stay or go
Original post by Anonymous

Anon,

Good to hear that things are improving and are on the up : )

Perhaps, you could switch courses at your university?

A town is definitely different to living in a city! If you do decide to move to a city, bear in mind that though there may be more things to do, see, places to go etc that things will be more expensive. It might be wise to consider the pros and cons before moving!

Personally, I feel like people make a place. Whether you live in a city or town if you know good people, have a good support network/ people who you feel comfortable spending time with, then the location really doesn't matter so much.

Hope that helps,

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
Reply 4
Yes but i already informed my accommodation that i am leaving and people have already came to do a viewing so i might not have a place to stay so its a bit difficult

Original post by PQ
You don’t have to leave to apply elsewhere.
Put in a UCAS application to see what options you have for next year and decide in the summer whether to stay or go
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with your modules.

It's definitely a great idea to look into different courses at the same university.

If you have decided to stay at the same university and not relocate, you should speak to your tenant and act accordingly to the contract you signed with them. You should have the right to remain in your accommodation if you fully paid your rent.

When considering living in a town and city, definitely research all of your options like budgeting, rent, opportunities, education, etc.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Hi there
I’m glad to feel you are doing better! Well done for getting stuck in and making friends :smile: It’s definitely different living In a town! I’m very much a city girl and loving going to university in one! Where are you at uni currently? Are there any other courses are are interested in?
best wishes
Emily

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are unsure of what to do in this situation.

Firstly, take your time with deciding. It is clear that this is not an easy decision for you to make. As others have said, is there a different course with more flexibility that you would prefer to do? Perhaps take advantage of the support available to you at the university to help look into this.

There are pros and cons to living in cities/towns. If you are 100% sure a city university is for you and you have the financial capability and a support system to help you make that transition then you should go for it! A support system can be really helpful when changing universities.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending