The Student Room Group

Entry requirements

my current ucas is A* A B and for the good unis i wanna go to my course predominantly has a entry requirement of AAA and i am unsure if i should still apply to these unis as i might get rejected. someone give me some guidance please
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by zeeko123243456
my current ucas is A* A B and for the good unis i wanna go to my course predominantly has a entry requirement of AAA and i am unsure if i should still apply to these unis as i might get rejected. someone give me some guidance please

You need to be more specific. Which degree course are you looking to study? (Some courses are more competitive than others.)

Which are the "good unis i wanna go to". Some will ask for AAA but only end-up making offers to those with predictions above that. Others will ask for AAA but happily make offers (and end-up accepting) students with predictions below that.

Finally, I should point out that if your concern is that you "might get rejected", then you should apply nowhere. That's the only way to be sure that you won't receive at least one rejection.

I have heard it said that if you don't receive at least one rejection, then you didn't aim high enough.
Reply 2
Original post by Leighla2575
check the offer rates and foi

Pointless.
These sort of stats are totally misleading as there is no context or explanation.
If their standard offers are AAA and you have A*AB predictions they might still make you an offer, you have plenty of time to get that B predicted grade up to an A by the real exam, I was getting Bs on mocks at the start of year 13 and got A*s in the real things. Also it might be worth explaining the situation to your teacher, explaining what unis you want to apply to and how much harder you're willing to work and see if they would change the B predicted grade to an A.
Original post by Leighla2575
No??? It shows the amout of people got an offer from all those applicants why would it be misleading

Because it doesn't tell you why any of those people did or didn't get offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending