The Student Room Group

can i remove a gcse?

i’m in year 11 and i take 9 gcse subjects one of which is art. i don’t think i can do it anymore. every time i do something my teacher has to point out something that’s wrong with my work.

so what i was thinking is, if i get a bad grade in art, can i get rid of it as a gcse subject i’ve done? like remove it from my reports? im aiming for all 9s but a 6 in art will look horrible. i wouldn’t mind a 7/8 but even that’s so bad.

i also was thinking about dropping art entirely and take up geography instead but im not sure if that’s any good this far into gcses?
Reply 1
Original post by cl0ud5
i’m in year 11 and i take 9 gcse subjects one of which is art. i don’t think i can do it anymore. every time i do something my teacher has to point out something that’s wrong with my work.

so what i was thinking is, if i get a bad grade in art, can i get rid of it as a gcse subject i’ve done? like remove it from my reports? im aiming for all 9s but a 6 in art will look horrible. i wouldn’t mind a 7/8 but even that’s so bad.

i also was thinking about dropping art entirely and take up geography instead but im not sure if that’s any good this far into gcses?

Once you've done a GCSE you can't get rid of it, universities will still require you to mention it on your UCAS form. I also don't think that it would be wise to pick up a new GCSE now, as it's reallyyy late to do so.
Reply 2
Original post by cl0ud5

The only way to 'get rid' of it is to drop it and not be entered for the GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest