The Student Room Group

my careers teacher keeps changing my college applications?

i use sheffield progress, which is like ucas but for sheffield schools. teachers can see and edit my college applications. my careers teacher keeps changing all my course choices to btec, but i want to do a-levels. i can't edit my applications because i've already sent them, but apparently she can? could i email sheffield progress to get her permissions removed or something?
Original post by cssieblack
i use sheffield progress, which is like ucas but for sheffield schools. teachers can see and edit my college applications. my careers teacher keeps changing all my course choices to btec, but i want to do a-levels. i can't edit my applications because i've already sent them, but apparently she can? could i email sheffield progress to get her permissions removed or something?

I doubt you can get her permissions removed, but you can certainly contact Sheffield Progress and explain what's happened. They have a contact form here, with an email link at the bottom of the same page.

Just explain that the course choices are not your own, and they they have been edited without your consent by your careers teacher.

Have you considered that the teacher might have made the changes in your own interests? If access to A level courses requires a particular GCSE grade profile that your teacher is sure you won't obtain, perhaps they're worried that you'll end-up without any college place at all?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
I doubt you can get her permissions removed, but you can certainly contact Sheffield Progress and explain what's happened. They have a contact form here, with an email link at the bottom of the same page.

Just explain that the course choices are not your own, and they they have been edited without your consent by your careers teacher.

Have you considered that the teacher might have made the changes in your own interests? If access to A level courses requires a particular GCSE grade profile that your teacher is sure you won't obtain, perhaps they're worried that you'll end-up without any college place at all?

thanks! i'll contact them! and i don't think it's a best interest thing, i've applied to three colleges and all my courses want grade 5's+, and im predicted all 7's.
Original post by cssieblack
thanks! i'll contact them! and i don't think it's a best interest thing, i've applied to three colleges and all my courses want grade 5's+, and im predicted all 7's.

It's very strange then. Have you any idea why you careers teacher has changed you applications to BTECs then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending