The Student Room Group

Gcse Issue

I am currently a college student who has completed their gcse in 2023, but i feel like based on my results the school has failed me in a way that even i cant imagine. In year 9 i chose subject like history, business, photography and computer science and along with RS but the school went against this and made me do Btech level in GCSE, which of course i don't want to do. But because they made do this course i wasn't able to challenge myself due to the fact it was too easy for me and the fact my class was the really bad and we did not get enough content done on time. My school really messed me up and now im in college doing gcse retake and then plan to go A levels next year. My class always misbehaved and and i have tried many times but no one would do anything at all.
(edited 6 months ago)
What were your results? Which subjects did you end up doing?
Reply 2
Original post by thismyusername
What were your results? Which subjects did you end up doing?

well i ended up doing BTech business, Btech ict btech PE and GCSE Art

i got L2D in business
L2M in Ict
L2P in PE
4 in maths
3 in english lit and language
u in science
If you don't like school then quit
Reply 4
Original post by DR17Alpha
well i ended up doing BTech business, Btech ict btech PE and GCSE Art

i got L2D in business
L2M in Ict
L2P in PE
4 in maths
3 in english lit and language
u in science

Sorry but I don't think you can blame the school for anything. They seemed concerned you would struggle with GCSEs and based on your results it seems like they only had your best interests at heart. If you think it was motivation that you lacked, then knuckle down now and prove to people what you can achieve. Best thing now is to focus on achieving your goals.
Reply 5
Original post by Laffer
Sorry but I don't think you can blame the school for anything. They seemed concerned you would struggle with GCSEs and based on your results it seems like they only had your best interests at heart. If you think it was motivation that you lacked, then knuckle down now and prove to people what you can achieve. Best thing now is to focus on achieving your goals.

well i am a very smart individual who also achieved good grades by the end of year 8 and i dont really struggle with anything, but the school did not really pay enough attention to me like they did with other students, and plus everyone in my whole year scored grade 5+ except for my whole class who failed. After i am done with this year i am going to leave the college to continue with year 12 a levels. I dont blame the Exam board because they were doing their jobs, but when i convinced the school to change my subjects and remove from this class, they did not take any actions no matter how many times i complained on my behalf.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest