The Student Room Group

Urgent help maths question

How many more followers indicated that they buy their coffee from a coffee chain compared to a speciality coffee shop?

I'll put the table below I really need this done quickly I'm not sure how to find out the number of people from percentages
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
How many more followers indicated that they buy their coffee from a coffee chain compared to a speciality coffee shop?

I'll put the table below I really need this done quickly I'm not sure how to find out the number of people from percentages

Here's the table:

Coffee chain - 60% of followers
Local coffee shop - 24% of followers
Speciality coffee shop - 16% of followers
Reply 2

okay, let me see if I can help
Reply 3
Original post by KumaT
okay, let me see if I can help

God bless you thanks so much for your quick response
Reply 4
Here's the table:

Could you give me the whole digital
Reply 5
Original post by KumaT

That's exactly the problem there is nothing else apart from that
Reply 6
Original post by KumaT

The answers is one of these

Reply 7
Original post by KumaT

I can't work it out
Reply 8
I can't work it out

I couldn’t understand it, can you send me the picture
Reply 9
Original post by KumaT
I couldn’t understand it, can you send me the picture

I can't send a picture on here it won't allow me
Reply 10
I can't send a picture on here it won't allow me

That's literally the question there's no other numbers provided
Reply 11
Here's the table:

60%x100= 60
24%x100= 24
16%x100= 16

60-16= 44% followers

I am not that sure about it. I hope it’s can help in someways
Reply 12
Original post by KumaT
60%x100= 60
24%x100= 24
16%x100= 16

60-16= 44% followers

I am not that sure about it. I hope it’s can help in someways

I hope someone will reply your question
The answers is one of these

Hello
So I am also trying to work this out and from what I can tell the question is asking you to compare how many people are in the Coffee chain and how many or in the speciality. So for this to be solvable you will need to first figure out or better yet told as part of the question. But that doesn't seem to have been the case, the total number of people that all three categories combined total.

Then if you knew the total number all three groups combined equalled to you could then do that figure take away 24% on a calculator or if this for a non calc question for example 24% of 100 is 24 so for the 24% of say 200 you would times the 24 by 2 then take the answer away (48 ) from the 200.

Which in this example would leave 152. You would then do the same again for the lowest number that is actually apart of the question. By which I mean in this case you would work out 16% of 200 ( 32), then deduct that answer in this case 32 from 152. The result being 152 take away 32 equals 120. So in this example there would be 120 more people who use the Coffee chain versus 32 who use the speciality Coffee shops.

Unfortunately without knowing what the physically number/ total that 100% or all three equals to I have no idea which of the possible answers it could be. Instinctively I want to rule out 11066 but that's only because it is the highest number. But to try and help let me list the following based on the possible answers.

Using a calculator and assuming the answers are the 60% (Coffee chain ):
220 plus 40% equals 308 for 100%
7714 plus 40% equals 10, 779.6 ( 100, 780 rounded up)
7813 plus 40% equals 10, 938 rounded
9054 plus 40% equals 12, 676 rounded
11066 plus 40% equals 15,492 rounded.

Unfortunately like I said without knowing the total number of people/ fans that the 100% equals to I have no idea which possible answer the correct one is.
Reply 14
Original post by LeoWolfish
Hello
So I am also trying to work this out and from what I can tell the question is asking you to compare how many people are in the Coffee chain and how many or in the speciality. So for this to be solvable you will need to first figure out or better yet told as part of the question. But that doesn't seem to have been the case, the total number of people that all three categories combined total.

Then if you knew the total number all three groups combined equalled to you could then do that figure take away 24% on a calculator or if this for a non calc question for example 24% of 100 is 24 so for the 24% of say 200 you would times the 24 by 2 then take the answer away (48 ) from the 200.

Which in this example would leave 152. You would then do the same again for the lowest number that is actually apart of the question. By which I mean in this case you would work out 16% of 200 ( 32), then deduct that answer in this case 32 from 152. The result being 152 take away 32 equals 120. So in this example there would be 120 more people who use the Coffee chain versus 32 who use the speciality Coffee shops.

Unfortunately without knowing what the physically number/ total that 100% or all three equals to I have no idea which of the possible answers it could be. Instinctively I want to rule out 11066 but that's only because it is the highest number. But to try and help let me list the following based on the possible answers.

Using a calculator and assuming the answers are the 60% (Coffee chain ):
220 plus 40% equals 308 for 100%
7714 plus 40% equals 10, 779.6 ( 100, 780 rounded up)
7813 plus 40% equals 10, 938 rounded
9054 plus 40% equals 12, 676 rounded
11066 plus 40% equals 15,492 rounded.

Unfortunately like I said without knowing the total number of people/ fans that the 100% equals to I have no idea which possible answer the correct one is.

Thanks so much for trying.
I have no clue myself it's an online assessment for an apprenticeship I applied for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending