The Student Room Group

Pupillage Application 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DOTEOT
Anyone have any advice on the following: I have got a virtual FRI on a Saturday morning and then an in-person FRI very soon after the first (45 mins after). The in-person one has been in place for a while and the virtual one has basically said “you can’t change your time slot”. Because I have to be in central london for the in-person, it means that the virtual one is currently set to take place in Costa. I have called the Inns and unfortunately they can’t assist. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Try a university library? I had this last weekend and just begged a university library to use their facilities. I was alumni so that made things a bit easier.
Original post by DOTEOT
The Inns are all closed for Easter / can’t assist without me hiring a room for a whole half day! Will definitely have a look into WeWork hire. Thanks :smile:

You could go to the British library, I went in there to wait when I was waiting to go to an interview once and it had plenty of spaces to do work / have interviews in a mostly private space? https://www.bl.uk/visit/
Thanks all, that’s really helpful! I will go through the options and hopefully something comes of it.
Reply 2963
Original post by DOTEOT
Anyone have any advice on the following: I have got a virtual FRI on a Saturday morning and then an in-person FRI very soon after the first (45 mins after). The in-person one has been in place for a while and the virtual one has basically said “you can’t change your time slot”. Because I have to be in central london for the in-person, it means that the virtual one is currently set to take place in Costa. I have called the Inns and unfortunately they can’t assist. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Don't do your interview in a café, it's a recipe for disaster - bad Wifi, bad sound, no good tables, etc.

If you are near the British Library, as others have suggested, this is not a bad idea. But it mightn't be that close to you, can have long-ish security queues on the weekend, and it can be quite hard to find a quiet space in communal areas if you're not a member. Have a look on Google Maps at other spaces - WeWorks could work, but also other museums, libraries, and universities.

I'm sure others would disagree but I wouldn't see anything wrong with explaining the situation to your first Chambers and asking whether you can use a room there. It won't be any skin off their backs. They know that you are interviewing outside of that Chambers and they will have spare rooms. It is not going to be that easy to find vacant space on Easter Saturday otherwise.
Reply 2964
Original post by Nelly1510
Anyone heard back from 23ES (Crime, Manchester) post FRI.
TY.

I haven’t heard back yet, but applied for Crime, London. I’m sure they said end of the month but as Easter hols approaching it might be early April. Have noticed that they send messages quite late in the day so still might get an update this week
Reply 2965
Original post by DOTEOT
The Inns are all closed for Easter / can’t assist without me hiring a room for a whole half day! Will definitely have a look into WeWork hire. Thanks :smile:

If you are BPTC grad or student, try contacting your provider for room space if you haven’t already, they may be able to accommodate.
Original post by LDLaw
I haven’t heard back yet, but applied for Crime, London. I’m sure they said end of the month but as Easter hols approaching it might be early April. Have noticed that they send messages quite late in the day so still might get an update this week

They said we will hear back during the Easter weekend for 23ES Crime London
Hailsham rejection on gateway. 😞
I remember the day before Easter break last year being rough. Sets wanting to get all their rejections out the way in one day before the long weekend 😞
Anyone heard from 5 pump court? They said this week
Has any one heard from Doughty yet?
Original post by Medici103

Nothing yet & no change on gateway.
Original post by Medici103
I’m dreading the rejection from doughty today, really going to ruin my bank holiday weekend 😂
Original post by RedPoppy5784
Kenworthy FRI out!

Was this personalised?
Original post by Sg3124
I’m dreading the rejection from doughty today, really going to ruin my bank holiday weekend 😂

Same. Rain and rejections... Happy Easter! 😂
Doughty street FRI out for health and human rights !
Original post by TheLaw&I
Anyone heard from 5 pump court? They said this week

Nothing uwt
Original post by dogear
Doughty street FRI out for health and human rights !

Personalised ?
Original post by walchylucy
Personalised ?

Yeah
Reply 2979
Original post by DOTEOT

Agree try to find a library! Maybe British library or similar? Lot of uni libraries are open to the public at weekends so you could check with them. See if you can book a study room.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending