The Student Room Group

Pupillage Application 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard back from Doughty yet about the Media/information pupillage?
Did anyone ask at 4PB FRI when they will let us know re SRI's/how long do they usually take?
Anyone heard from Hogarth?
Original post by livprice01
Did anyone ask at 4PB FRI when they will let us know re SRI's/how long do they usually take?

I'm fairly sure they said that we would hear by the end of next week. It won't be before 3rd April as they are still interviewing on that date
Original post by tuppencenoom
I'm fairly sure they said that we would hear by the end of next week. It won't be before 3rd April as they are still interviewing on that date

Thanks!
Fenners SRI invitations out
Anyone that got post-FRI rejection from 1COR Brighton (Family) asked for feedback? I thought it was my strongest interview so far so would be really helpful to know their comments on where to improve but not sure if it is appropriate to ask...
Original post by Pupillageseeker!
Anyone that got post-FRI rejection from 1COR Brighton (Family) asked for feedback? I thought it was my strongest interview so far so would be really helpful to know their comments on where to improve but not sure if it is appropriate to ask...

I’m sure it would be fine to ask, they can only say no. Totally get where you’re coming from as I felt the same with my Fourteen interview. And then at 5SAH I got SRI and it wasn’t my most polished performance by any stretch, especially as first interview of the season.

Honestly sometimes I think it would save a lot of time to just go in there and flip a coin 😂
Reply 3008
A very long shot, but has anyone here been or know anyone that’s been called for FRI with just a competent in the bar course?
Original post by abta
A very long shot, but has anyone here been or know anyone that’s been called for FRI with just a competent in the bar course?

I’ve only known of one person who went to go on and get pupillage but they did have extenuating circumstances during the course and a solid undergrad degree.
Original post by abta

I don't personally but the stats say they do exist! Page 53 has the numbers - there were about 60 applicants who got FRIs with a 'Competent' https://www.barcouncil.org.uk/static/55d5507c-4e28-4bd7-b146556693a0b020/Pupillage-Gateway-Report-2022.pdf
Doughty crime FRI out via gateway
Original post by livprice01

If you’re talking about 4 Paper Buildings the family set, my interview isnt till Wednesday
Original post by abta

I got a competent - didn't mitigate and get FRIs pretty much every year. Was a reserve last year. Sometimes life just happens - I think if you have a typical route - they look at this more closely. You are dealing with people who understand setbacks and to some degree most likely have gone through some themselves. Don't let that discourage you.
Doughty street crime rejections out.
3PB SRI (personalised)
Doughty media rejections out
3PB family SRI out personalised
Anyone heard from 5 Pump Court? It seems unlikely that they will contact us on a bank holiday
Anyone who got a FRI with Doughty mind sharing what sort of experience they have/how many years call etc. I just received a rejection and thought i had a strong application so would very much appreciate any way to identify how to improve

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending