The Student Room Group

Pupillage Application 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3040
Original post by littlelegsldn
I wonder if it seems so brutal this year is down to the gateway website parameters. This year if you had the generic questions such as mini Pupillage’s etc you could not streamline for each set. This is because even if you had submitted an application any changes on subsequent applications also amended any earlier submitted or not yet submitted applications. As a result you were technically unable to streamline all answers to a particular set or demographic. For example for criminal sets I would take out some of the commercial mini’s I had done, similarly I might focus more on relevant experience’s that were aligned to a criminal barrister.
It seems ludicrous that changes occur to already submitted applications, particularly when at the same time the applicant cannot technically edit that same application intentionally by reviewing and resubmitting before the deadline.

I think this had a huge impact.

I didn’t realise it was changing my allready submitted ones until it was too late. Which meant there was a lot of unnecessary items on some applications unintentionally. Brevity is key, and that completely circumvents the option unless you’re applying to one specific area.
Reply 3041
Original post by BarWatch
Congratulations 🙌. I’ve heard nothing yet so guessing it’s bad news and out of the race. I hope you smash it!

I shall keep my fingers crossed for you!! Thankyou too!!
Original post by Khgvj
I shall keep my fingers crossed for you!! Thankyou too!!

Thank you.
Original post by bobbo1
Hi everyone, has anyone heard back from Outer Temple Chambers? Thanks!

I haven’t. However, my friend got an FRI from there today…
Reply 3044
For anyone who did the landmark chambers written assessment, on what date are they going to let us know?

Anyone hear back from Garden Court Chambers, seems like they didn't even download the application yet lol
Reply 3045
Original post by mialaura

Thanks - would you happen to know if this was via Gateway or via email?
Original post by TheAdvocate1
FRI Call from Field Court Chambers.

Was it a phone call? Or personalised email?
Original post by Barrister2024

Phone call with a follow up email this evening.
Has anyone received a rejection from 23ES Crime. SRIs have been sent out.
Original post by mialaura

Do you know if this was personalised/through gateway etc? Trying to work out whether to assume a rejection as I haven’t heard…
Original post by Babyapplicant
Has anyone received a rejection from 23ES Crime. SRIs have been sent out.

London or Manchester?
Original post by evilness
London or Manchester?

London
anyone heard from one pump yet?
Original post by Barrister2024

Both
Anyone heard from 2DRJ, 4BC or 5PC?
(edited 4 weeks ago)
London or Manchester?

When were the SRIs sent out? I still haven’t got any e-mail from them yet!
When were the SRIs sent out? I still haven’t got any e-mail from them yet!

FYI their invites for FRI came out evening of one day and rejections the morning of next
Reply 3057
Original post by Babyapplicant
London

I received a rejection for 23 ES Crime - London after FRI about an hour ago. Good luck with your SRI!
Still not heard from 5 Pump Court but saw their LinkedIn post which said: “Big news coming on Tuesday morning…stay tuned! Until then, enjoy the long weekend”

No context at all but I’m going to be delusional and pretend it’s about us so I can stop stressing and refreshing😂
Has anyone heard back from 7KBW after FRI?
And has anyone heard from Fountain Court - at all? Heard nothing after paper sift!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending