The Student Room Group

Pupillage Application 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sjblues
Has anyone heard back from 7KBW after FRI?
And has anyone heard from Fountain Court - at all? Heard nothing after paper sift!

nothing from 7KBW - eager to hear, I did my FRI more than 2 weeks ago
Original post by sjblues
Has anyone heard back from 7KBW after FRI?
And has anyone heard from Fountain Court - at all? Heard nothing after paper sift!

had you done a mini with FCC before applying?
That's it for me this year - a clean sweep of rejections and 0 interviews. Wishing loads of luck for everyone awaiting the outcome of their interviews!
Original post by TMBarristerNorth
That's it for me this year - a clean sweep of rejections and 0 interviews. Wishing loads of luck for everyone awaiting the outcome of their interviews!

Thank you so much. I wish you very good luck with next year’s applications!!
Original post by TMBarristerNorth

Sorry to hear this, come back fighting next year you’ve absolutely got this. It’s been a particularly difficult round this year.

I wish you all the luck for the next cycle.
Morning all, I know for criminal pupillages, an advocacy exercise may take the form of a plea in mitigation or a bail application; what sort of advocacy exercises may we be asked to undertake within civil law and family law?
Hello everyone, someone offered to help with preparing for commercial set interview. Please I will appreciate if they can reach out privately. Thank you.
5PC FRI out.
Getting rejected from a set where I was a reserve last year is so disheartening. I don’t think I’ll ever fully understand this process :/
I know that it's my first year applying, but all of the rejections - particularly post-interview rejections - are really taking a toll on my mental health and motivation. Does anyone have any advice? I am now struggling with bar school and I am worried about my litigation exams.
Original post by aspiringbarmans
Out of curiosity does anyone know which sets have historically tipped off candidates post SRI and what that looks like?

What does tipped off mean? (Genuinely unsure hahah do u mean told them secretly they’ve got the position?)
Has anyone heard from 9 park place, crown office, or chavasse for crime? It’d be a real shame if they RBS..
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Reply 3072
Original post by Mikeross2.00
Has anyone heard from 9 park place, crown office, or chavasse for crime? It’d be a real shame if they RBS..

I've not heard from 9 park place but i know that they don't RBS
Hi all, has anyone interviewed with Furnival in the last few years and wouldn't mind answering a few questions about the process? Thanks!
Reply 3074
Original post by EmilyR5432
I know that it's my first year applying, but all of the rejections - particularly post-interview rejections - are really taking a toll on my mental health and motivation. Does anyone have any advice? I am now struggling with bar school and I am worried about my litigation exams.

Hi Emily, you're free to inbox me. I'm sitting the Civil Litigation exam in less than 3 weeks, if you're also sitting the litigation exams we can go through the assessments. It'll be great practice.
Reply 3075
Original post by EmilyR5432

It’s really disheartening. I’ve been applying for five years now and the cycle has been the same every year: motivated for months then May hits and I never want to do it again, i mope around till autumn and then start preparing for the next round again. Feel the feelings, it’s okay too! Just remember you’re not alone , we’re all feeling this way too. One day it’ll be your turn! It’s just a matter of time, get feedback if you can, look at where you went wrong and where you need to improve and work on those things till the next time. I met someone who got pupillage after 9 years of applying, and another person who got it after year 8.
Reply 3076
Original post by jsyma94
Does anyone have any experience of St Ives SRI?

Yes, it was an advocacy exercise , you received the papers 15-30 min before hand. And some additional questions after like who inspired you the most and why
Reply 3077
Original post by Rmdan
Yes, it was an advocacy exercise , you received the papers 15-30 min before hand. And some additional questions after like who inspired you the most and why

Hey not sure why I can’t reply to the dm. I did mine over covid, and it was a covid related case. I had to represent a client who did not want the vaccine. I was given last minutes instructions too about her character. Familiarise yourself with recent topical issues and make sure you go in with a good structure/ strong opening so you’re not overwhelmed with reading the materials/ formulating your argument in such a short time. They will intervene so stay calm and take your time to think
Colleton family FRI out by personalised email

Does anyone know if they only do one round?

EDIT: never mind, checked and it’s only one, so that’s good.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Does anyone have insight into 5SAH’s SRI format/the kind of advocacy exercise they set for the family pupillage? If so, I’d be very grateful for some guidance!
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending