The Student Room Group

Pupillage Application 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else find it super weird that 5SAH set a 400 word minimum for their answers? I had to pad them out to be able to submit. Thought the whole point was to be concise…
Has anyone else applied to Cobden House Chambers and not received an acknowledgement? I applied a few days before the deadline and am not sure whether to chase it up or not.
Original post by Pigglewump
Anyone else find it super weird that 5SAH set a 400 word minimum for their answers? I had to pad them out to be able to submit. Thought the whole point was to be concise…

Theere was no minimum for me on that application - my answers were around 300
I know there'll be no rhyme or reason, but when (roughly) can we expect to start hearing back?
Original post by CJStevens
I know there'll be no rhyme or reason, but when (roughly) can we expect to start hearing back?

Usually, sets sift throughout Feb & interviews will take place in March & April. I do know of some second rounds taking place early May too.
Reply 65
Original post by Javalawyer
Has anyone else applied to Cobden House Chambers and not received an acknowledgement? I applied a few days before the deadline and am not sure whether to chase it up or not.

I received an automatic reply response straight after I sent my application via email that the application has been received. Maybe check your junk folder?
Reply 66
Has anybody applied to Unit Chambers in Liverpool? Their interview process is a little bizarre in that it's all within February and on very short notice. The announcement for candidates for first round interview is on 13th February 2024 and the first round interviews are held on week commencing 12th February 2024.

For those who have been through the pupillage process before and work full time, how have you managed to fit in all interviews during the working week? Is it just a case of booking off annual leave as soon as you know you have an interview?

Good luck to everyone!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by FloraRoss!
Theere was no minimum for me on that application - my answers were around 300

For the Family pupillage? I literally couldn’t submit until I’d done a minimum word count?
I wonder what the significance of 'in process' vs 'In Process - You do not need to do anything at this time' is? Presumably it means those chambers have started looking at the applications.
Original post by stinkydogpenis
I wonder what the significance of 'in process' vs 'In Process - You do not need to do anything at this time' is? Presumably it means those chambers have started looking at the applications.

It was like that last year, don't read too much into it.
Original post by stinkydogpenis

Yh I think so. Only one of mine has changed to this and I got an email from the chambers confirming receipt of application and stating that they were now starting to sift. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Pigglewump
For the Family pupillage? I literally couldn’t submit until I’d done a minimum word count?

Oh no it was for the crime pupillage. Must have different setting for each then
Reply 72
Original post by afsana00
Has anybody applied to Unit Chambers in Liverpool? Their interview process is a little bizarre in that it's all within February and on very short notice. The announcement for candidates for first round interview is on 13th February 2024 and the first round interviews are held on week commencing 12th February 2024.

For those who have been through the pupillage process before and work full time, how have you managed to fit in all interviews during the working week? Is it just a case of booking off annual leave as soon as you know you have an interview?

Good luck to everyone!

I did. They seem to be rushing everything.

I apply as soon as I find out
Reply 73
Did anyone hear from Unit?
Reply 74
Original post by lawseeker

No, you?
Reply 75
Original post by lawseeker

Nope, still nothing. Did you apply via email or through the form on their website?
Reply 76
I did both. The email failed so I uploaded on their website.
Has anyone applied to XXIV Old Buildings? According to their website first round interviews are Monday and Tuesday next week - presumably that means they would send invitations/rejections very soon?
Unfortunately this year I didn’t apply for any pupillage. I have a bar course scholarship but felt the bar is way to oxbridge heavy and I wouldn’t be able to pursue a career in commercial law if I stayed applying year after year like many do. I have opted for the solicitor route!

Good luck to everyone this year you’ll smash it I know it :smile:
Farrar's Building have sent an email through the gateway to say two questions were missing from the application, one week to write them and send back!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending