The Student Room Group

Pupillage Application 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

Original post by afsana00
Has anybody applied to Unit Chambers in Liverpool? Their interview process is a little bizarre in that it's all within February and on very short notice. The announcement for candidates for first round interview is on 13th February 2024 and the first round interviews are held on week commencing 12th February 2024.

For those who have been through the pupillage process before and work full time, how have you managed to fit in all interviews during the working week? Is it just a case of booking off annual leave as soon as you know you have an interview?

Good luck to everyone!

Because barristers don't get any time off to interview, they tend to be in the evenings / weekends. At least for criminal ones anyway.
Original post by genericstu
Because barristers don't get any time off to interview, they tend to be in the evenings / weekends. At least for criminal ones anyway.

Whilst some interviews are certainly at the weekend, I was always under the general impression that most are during the working day. I don't have any data on that though.
Does anyone know when Doughty St. is likely to respond? (thin chance, I know)
Reply 83
Has anyone else received multiple blank emails form 15NBS?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Ardentarendt
Does anyone know when Doughty St. is likely to respond? (thin chance, I know)

If it was anything like last year... not for a LONG WHILE.
Reply 85
Original post by Lawguy19

I haven't heard anything from them! Did you also have no word count on any of their questions in the gateway?
Original post by avatct
I haven't heard anything from them! Did you also have no word count on any of their questions in the gateway?

They say they aim to let applicants know by 17 March so I wouldn't expect anything from them anytime soon.
Reply 87
Original post by icbahonestly
If it was anything like last year... not for a LONG WHILE.

last year I didn’t hear from doughty street until 28 march (and I was one of the earliest to hear!!) and they gave me a whopping 2 days notice of interview
Reply 88
Original post by avatct

Yep - no word count on my end either!
Reply 89
Original post by Haddy123
No, you?

I got rejected today (for the Family pupillage). Good luck to everyone else
Anyone else heard back yet?
Does anyone know when the criminal sets tend to start getting back to people about interviews?
Original post by r.doraisingam
Anyone else heard back yet?

XXIV OB are doing FRI yesterday and today
Original post by Lawguy19

no?! I'll take a blind email over radio silence any day!
Reply 94
Original post by Izembarind
Has anyone heard from Deka? I know people last year heard early on in this week so was hoping we would hear soon!

I had the email inviting me to interview on the 26th Feb last year with the interviews taking place about ten days later.
Has anyone else been reminded to take the contextual survey for kings but has already done it?
Reply 96
Original post by Izembarind
Ah great thank you! I know someone got a rejection on the 21st last year so taking no news as good news!

Ah you know I’ve just checked and it was the 21st not the 26th so refresh those emails tomorrow 😀
Reply 97
Does anyone know when these sets of chambers send out emails regarding interviews: New Square Chambers, Quadrant, Crown Office, 39 Essex and Outer Temple? Thank you!
Henderson rejections are out via Pupillage gateway.

Did anyone hear from Kings?
Original post by Nehreen Ahmed
Henderson rejections are out via Pupillage gateway.

Did anyone hear from Kings?

Not yet it will probably be after the context survey deadline

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending