The Student Room Group

Kallisto's Sunday Question: Great Personalities II

This poll is closed

Who were the greatest warlords or conquerers in history?

Alexander The Great 25%
Napoleon Bonaparte 19%
Genghis Khan 19%
Hannibal 6%
Julius Caesar 19%
Prince Eugene of Savoy 0%
Attila (the Hun) 6%
Frederick The Great 6%
Horatio Nelson 0%
Saladin0%
Total votes: 16
(edited 5 months ago)
Three votes allowed in this poll!

My words were loud and clear, I think. Multiple choice, have fun!
Why are your chosen personalities the greatest warlords in history in your opinion?
Ghengis Khan and Alex the Great

What does fascinates you in these personalities the most?
Their reach

Any other warlords or conquerors they are missing in the poll?
None
Why are your chosen personalities the greatest warlords in history in your opinion ?
Alexander The Great, Julius Caesar and Tamerlane.
Their military tactics, the scale of their military successes and their unique place in history & literature.

What does fascinates you in these personalities the most ?
The combination of military, marriage and political tactics that they used to build & retain control of their vast empires.

Any other warlords or conquerors they are missing in the poll ?
Tamerlane.
Original post by londonmyst
Why are your chosen personalities the greatest warlords in history in your opinion ?
Alexander The Great, Julius Caesar and Tamerlane.
Their military tactics, the scale of their military successes and their unique place in history & literature.

What does fascinates you in these personalities the most ?
The combination of military, marriage and political tactics that they used to build & retain control of their vast empires.

(...)

Although I don't know the Tamerlane in that extend like you, I can agree about the other names. But what about Napoleon? what you replied went for him too, although he losen disastrous battles in Russia and Waterloo.

Original post by Wired_1800
Why are your chosen personalities the greatest warlords in history in your opinion?
Ghengis Khan and Alex the Great

(...)

Alexander The Great is out of question. The Hellenism he had integrated in the annexed regions he conquered still exists partly, even if they are just the remains of ancient buildings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending