The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Is maths taught WITH physics in Glasgow uni?

Hi, this is my first post here :smile:

I recently received 2 unconditional offers from Glasgow uni and one was for physics. It was my first choice before applying, so I’m pretty damn happy I got the offer :biggrin:

My only concern is about the maths. Is the maths taught as an independent course from physics, or are you taught only the maths you need for the physics course? I don’t want to have to study a bunch of useless content that I don’t actually care about.

If it’s taught WITH physics, I’m 100% in.
Reply 1
Original post by Gisgamel
Hi, this is my first post here :smile:
I recently received 2 unconditional offers from Glasgow uni and one was for physics. It was my first choice before applying, so I’m pretty damn happy I got the offer :biggrin:
My only concern is about the maths. Is the maths taught as an independent course from physics, or are you taught only the maths you need for the physics course? I don’t want to have to study a bunch of useless content that I don’t actually care about.
If it’s taught WITH physics, I’m 100% in.

It is taught independently from physics. I am a maths student btw 1st year and the math dep is not the best idk one person who thinks the math course at Glasgow is that great. So if your math skills are poor i recommend practicing over summer because it is a high workload and you study pure maths too.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending