The Student Room Group

Need advice on my choices

Hi I live in Glasgow (Scotland) I recently did my Highers and this is what I got, 4A's (English, ESOL, Maths and Biology) and 2B's (Chemistry and Physics). I'm applying for Uni in 2024.

I am now S6 and I am doing ADV H (Biology, Chemistry and Maths). My Parents want me to do Medicine but I would rather doing Pharmacy. So I have my UCAT on the 30th of August and I'm soo nervous.

I also live in a deprived area so I was eligible for REACH Medicine for Glasgow Uni and I am currently taking part in it. I also still have to start my Personal Statement. I don't really care where my future uni is but I would prefer near Glasgow. I'm also pretty sure that I would get adjusted offers because of where I live and also that I'm the first person from my family that will go uni. I would need BBB in ADV H.

The deadline for the UCAS for Medicine is in October and I haven't even done any Work Experience.

My Questions:

What is the UCAT score I should get?

If i don't do well in my UCAT should I forget about Medicine and focus on Pharmacy?

Would REACH lower the required UCAT cut-off by 10%?

Tips on Personal Statements and the Interview?

Are my SQA results sufficient?

What is a GAP year and should I take it if I don't do well in the UCAT?

Other courses than Pharmacy?

What to expect in either Pharmacy or Medicine?

When do we get our uni offers?

What does the term "conditional and unconditional" offers even mean?

What Work Experience should I do?

What Uni's are more lenient in Scotland?

What even is Pre-Med school and is it beneficial?

Sorry about the number of questions but I would appreciate it dearly if someone can resolve my issues! Please respond ASAP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending