The Student Room Group

B r u i s e s , a g g r e s s i o n , boyfriend at 1am

My bf was acting moody all day after work. I was abit upset and angry because he was being rude and moody. He pins me down to the bed to be affectionate and I’m saying no because obviously I’m upset and then he ends up having a nose bleed and says it was me that did it and I said it wasn’t and called him an idiot.

He then gets in my face finger pointing and snatches my phone and tells me to never ever call him an idiot again he had anger in his eyes for sure. I was scared and I hit his arm out my face and he pushed me I went in the wardrobe to get my clothes to leave and he slammed shut with anger the one of wardrobe doors which of course hit my arm and caused nasty bruises.

I said stop otherwise I’ll call police I wouldn’t but I just wanted him to stop and he pushed me and said do it and the clothes dropped out my hand. I got my phone back went into the living room and he followed me so I got the mirror of the wall and smashed it into million pieces on the floor I wish I didn’t come out of character but guys I didn’t know what to do to show him I’m angry and he needs to stop. When I did this his house mate came running in I tried to leave and bf said get the f out if u don’t u not going to like what I will do to you and his housemate held him back and told him to stop.

I left and he threw his birthday present that I gave him a month ago at me £300 Gucci shoes. I went down to call an Uber at 1am and he followed me and said u better have all your stuff he threw my stuff onto the grass which I understand because I broke the mirror completely. He comes back down again puts my stuff into a box that he threw into the grass which was strange and told me get off his road. I think he came back down to smoke and realised I was still here.

I got into the cab in socks because I was so shaken up to wear shoes this all happened within 10 minutes we was fine before this watching a movie. When I was in the cab which takes an hour to get home he called me 7 times on no caller id because I blocked him off everything.

What do I do. I can’t cope with this heartache. He’s the most settled relationship I’ve ever been in like everything was perfect.

I’ve left my asos parcel I needed to return worth £200. £200 balenciaga shoes and a draw full of my things which at this point I don’t care about.

I wonder what he had to say when he called me 7 times because I was so angry that I couldn’t even talk.

Am I right for leaving? I’m kinda scared that I won’t stick to my guns and will end up going back.

Do I deserve this because I did call him an idiot which caused all of this.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
My bf was acting moody all day after work. I was abit upset and angry because he was being rude and moody. He pins me down to the bed to be affectionate and I’m saying no because obviously I’m upset and then he ends up having a nose bleed and says it was me that did it and I said it wasn’t and called him an idiot.

He then gets in my face finger pointing and snatches my phone and tells me to never ever call him an idiot again he had anger in his eyes for sure. I was scared and I hit his arm out my face and he pushed me I went in the wardrobe to get my clothes to leave and he slammed shut with anger the one of wardrobe doors which of course hit my arm and caused nasty bruises.

I said stop otherwise I’ll call police I wouldn’t but I just wanted him to stop and he pushed me and said do it and the clothes dropped out my hand. I got my phone back went into the living room and he followed me so I got the mirror of the wall and smashed it into million pieces on the floor I wish I didn’t come out of character but guys I didn’t know what to do to show him I’m angry and he needs to stop. When I did this his house mate came running in I tried to leave and bf said get the f out if u don’t u not going to like what I will do to you and his housemate held him back and told him to stop.

I left and he threw his birthday present that I gave him a month ago at me £300 Gucci shoes. I went down to call an Uber at 1am and he followed me and said u better have all your stuff he threw my stuff onto the grass which I understand because I broke the mirror completely. He comes back down again puts my stuff into a box that he threw into the grass which was strange and told me get off his road. I think he came back down to smoke and realised I was still here.

I got into the cab in socks because I was so shaken up to wear shoes this all happened within 10 minutes we was fine before this watching a movie. When I was in the cab which takes an hour to get home he called me 7 times on no caller id because I blocked him off everything.

What do I do. I can’t cope with this heartache. He’s the most settled relationship I’ve ever been in like everything was perfect.

I’ve left my asos parcel I needed to return worth £200. £200 balenciaga shoes and a draw full of my things which at this point I don’t care about.

I wonder what he had to say when he called me 7 times because I was so angry that I couldn’t even talk.

Am I right for leaving? I’m kinda scared that I won’t stick to my guns and will end up going back.

What happened with you is clearly, what a person who loves you will never do. No matter the anger the situation if someone behaves like this its better to get out of that place and such person. Cause if you wont respect yourself the other person will walk over you anytime they get a chance and would take you for granted.

So to your question yes you are right for leaving him, cause you choose your respect and that's what is best for you.

Secondly, as again you didn't deserve this because in Love we call people names makes jokes not try to hurt them.
Reply 2
Original post by pprince
What happened with you is clearly, what a person who loves you will never do. No matter the anger the situation if someone behaves like this its better to get out of that place and such person. Cause if you wont respect yourself the other person will walk over you anytime they get a chance and would take you for granted.

So to your question yes you are right for leaving him, cause you choose your respect and that's what is best for you.

Secondly, as again you didn't deserve this because in Love we call people names makes jokes not try to hurt them.

This is soo hard to leave because I’ve had 4 relationships before all cheating. 1st was very physical.

Would you call this aggressive rather than abuse as he didn’t actually punch me up

I’m taking this really hard I’m super super depressed. This is the worst headache I’ve gone through because I feel like I have to force myself to leave. I’m still in love with him and I know he is with me even more than I am to be honest. I don’t hate him. I haven’t got him blocked on instagram so if he ever was to say sorry he could but I have on all other platforms. It’s just sad. I’m really in a dark place. I think maybe he isn’t abusive because he didn’t punch up ?
100% right to call it off.

If you need to go back to collect your things, take a friend.
Reply 4
This is soo hard to leave because I’ve had 4 relationships before all cheating. 1st was very physical.

Would you call this aggressive rather than abuse as he didn’t actually punch me up

I’m taking this really hard I’m super super depressed. This is the worst headache I’ve gone through because I feel like I have to force myself to leave. I’m still in love with him and I know he is with me even more than I am to be honest. I don’t hate him. I haven’t got him blocked on instagram so if he ever was to say sorry he could but I have on all other platforms. It’s just sad. I’m really in a dark place. I think maybe he isn’t abusive because he didn’t punch up ?

I would call it that he had some self conscious not to hit you but still that doesn't justify his actions. I am sorry to say but why you think that he is not abusive if he didn't punch you?. I completely understand your situation because you are scared to loose the person because of the previous heartbreaks.

Also if he wanted to apologies he would have already done that. Life can be heard and give tough moments and thats when the love and trust is tested, cause anyone can say I love you when they are happy or normal but respecting you when they are angry or sad is what tell about how much they love you. Sorry to say but thats harsh reality.
1000% right to call it off. He doesn’t have to punch you for it to be called abuse, everything you say he did is exactly abuse.
Reply 6
Original post by hannychica
1000% right to call it off. He doesn’t have to punch you for it to be called abuse, everything you say he did is exactly abuse.

I’m just thinking maybe if I didn’t be rude and call him an idiot he wouldn’t have reacted like that? Maybe I caused it😩😓
Reply 7
I’m just thinking maybe if I didn’t be rude and call him an idiot he wouldn’t have reacted like that? Maybe I caused it😩😓

No you definitely didn't caused it and weren't rude. Take your time and think about it, you think it's your fault because of fear of losing the guy but it really isn't.
Reply 8
Original post by pprince
No you definitely didn't caused it and weren't rude. Take your time and think about it, you think it's your fault because of fear of losing the guy but it really isn't.

I get you. Do you think it was right for me to block him completely his number WhatsApp iMessage and snapchat.

I just can’t get to grips never speaking to him again
When I was in the Uber he called me 7 times on private I didn’t answer
Reply 9
I get you. Do you think it was right for me to block him completely his number WhatsApp iMessage and snapchat.

I just can’t get to grips never speaking to him again
When I was in the Uber he called me 7 times on private I didn’t answer

Yes, and to answer why i think that is. You were hurt and maybe felt angry that's why you blocked him at all places right?. However right now you are worried about loosing him, thinking about him or maybe thinking of messaging him again.

I am not saying to never speak to him. Just saying it wasn't your fault for what happened and it shouldn't be only one to put efforts to talk or have fear of losing him....
Reply 10
He’s just called my phone 20 times on private and also called my cousin who is abroad😓

I’m scared that I’m making the wrong choice by leaving him because other than this he’s the perfect man for me

But everyone says I’m strong because I’ve left 4 boyfriends in the past
Reply 11
He’s just called my phone 20 times on private and also called my cousin who is abroad😓

I’m scared that I’m making the wrong choice by leaving him because other than this he’s the perfect man for me

I will say listen to your heart. Don't listen to anyone what they say. Because at the end it would come to you because whatever choice you will make today you will live those consequences. So choose what consequences you are happy to live with. You are strong definitely but you know better than anyone who you are what you want. No one have lived the life you know about, the love you have experience and also the pain.

So listen to your heart. If you feel like it's wrong to leave him maybe talk to him listen to his side and share your side about how you felt. I believe in you
Reply 12

Your perfect man is one who is abusive and violent? Have some self-respect.

However, the fact that you go smashing things in his presence and have had 4 other relationships that haven't worked out says that you also have issues and have maybe made some bad choices, not to say that you are even thinking about staying with him.

Break it off with him, block him, delete his contacts and stay single until you have sorted yourself out and understand what a relationship requires from both parties.
(edited 5 months ago)
Yes you are right to leave him.

No you don't deserve to be treated like **** because you called him an idiot. My fiance and I call each other idiots all the time - doesn't mean we will start nose bleeding on each other in anger.

He's clearly got some issues he needs to process - but not with you.

And the final thing, maybe hold off on the expensive purchases? Unless money is no object, don't spend crazy money on men when being cheap and happy is far better
Reply 14
Original post by pprince
I will say listen to your heart. Don't listen to anyone what they say. Because at the end it would come to you because whatever choice you will make today you will live those consequences. So choose what consequences you are happy to live with. You are strong definitely but you know better than anyone who you are what you want. No one have lived the life you know about, the love you have experience and also the pain.

So listen to your heart. If you feel like it's wrong to leave him maybe talk to him listen to his side and share your side about how you felt. I believe in you

I had to delete my Instagram because he was messaging me so much and calling me.

I obviously know it’s hard to leave every relationship regardless but I just feel like I should t have called him and idiot when I know it triggers him but then I can’t be scared to call him one because he’ll go mad.

One of my friends who’s been in abusive marraige says this is the start to abuse and one of my friends says it’s not abuse
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

Sorry you are going through this.

Just reaching out to you as I wanted to let you know there is support available out there that may be of use:

- Victim Support
https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/
Get in touch anytime for independent, free, and confidential advice:
Call Supportline on 08 08 16 89 111

- Rise, Anyone, domestic violence
https://www.riseuk.org.uk/get-help/about-domestic-abuse
Helpline number is 01273 622 822. Monday and Tuesday mornings, 9.30 - 12.30pm and Wednesday 5-7pm.
Alternatively, you can contact via email on [email protected]

- Refuge - Anyone, domestic violence

- Relate - Anyone, relationship support
Tel: 0300 0030 396 (need to book appointment for counselling)
Live chat: https://www.relate.org.uk/relationsh...hat-counsellor

Hope you find this useful and please come into ATCS if you have any further questions.

Look after yourself.

Best wishes,
TSR Support

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending