The Student Room Group

Any tips for cycling?

Just bought myself an e bike which I pickup on the weekend. Going to use it for deliveroo and stuff on the side. But it's got me thinking about cycling to campus instead of the buses. As only bought pass for term 1.

Do any of you have any tips and stuff? I've had a brief look at cycle routes but not sure on the rest and how the bike parking works and wheres best near main part of campus?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt
(edited 5 months ago)
yes bro, cycle to campus if you can, it will keep you in shape and you wont have to wait for buses in the winter. dont smell like sweat though
it will save money as well in the long term
Reply 3
Ride, endlessly ride some more.
Ensure your bicycle fits well.
Bit by bit increment your long rides.
Track down ways of remaining roused.
Ace plummets.
Further develop your cycling stance.
Abstain from bonking.
Embrace the slopes.
Reply 4
Original post by Bigfishytime
yes bro, cycle to campus if you can, it will keep you in shape and you wont have to wait for buses in the winter. dont smell like sweat though

Can confirm it does the job well after 160 miles
Reply 5
Original post by elixirhtc
Ride, endlessly ride some more.
Ensure your bicycle fits well.
Bit by bit increment your long rides.
Track down ways of remaining roused.
Ace plummets.
Further develop your cycling stance.
Abstain from bonking.
Embrace the slopes.

After a 160 miles I will definitely be doing more of this
Original post by Digitalclock
Can confirm it does the job well after 160 miles

op did you ever start doing deliveroo? i wanna get a bike and also do food delivery and i’ve signed up for just eat, deliveroo and uber eats but it seems like my only option right now is uber eats as they don’t have a waitlist. and i’ve read online people have been waiting for months if not years to get a spot in deliveroo or just eat. also out of curiosity what bike model did you get?
Original post by mmmchocolatemilk
op did you ever start doing deliveroo? i wanna get a bike and also do food delivery and i’ve signed up for just eat, deliveroo and uber eats but it seems like my only option right now is uber eats as they don’t have a waitlist. and i’ve read online people have been waiting for months if not years to get a spot in deliveroo or just eat. also out of curiosity what bike model did you get?

Need to actually sort it out still but i ended up with a 2022 cube hybrid pro 500w... im probably about 4-500 miles in.

Quick Reply

Latest