The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Inside the University's quiet study space for families

Students who are parents now have a place where they can study and look after their children at the same time at the University of Bradford! 🙌

a-study-room-general-pic-low-res-555x371.jpg

The dedicated room can only be booked by one family group at a time. It is available for children aged under 12.

In the room you'll find child-friendly furniture, books and colouring books and pens. There's fun posters with the time tables, a world map, and a picture of the solar system to educate and engage the children who use the facility. It also includes a desk, power sockets and a chair which can be used for breastfeeding.

The room is open to all students to book a time slot every weekday between 9am-5pm. Each session can be booked for up to four hours each time.

Student and single mother Mary, who is in the first year of studying Mental Health Nursing at Bradford, uses the facility with her daughter Adaora, aged four. Mary says it is a welcome quiet space for the both of them to use, as Adaora can play while she can concentrate on her University studies at the same time.

Mary said: "It's really, really helpful. It engages the kids. It takes a lot of stress away from me. I used to think 'How do I cope with my studies and my child?' I was worried before I used to come to this room. It has released my stress dramatically."

Where's your favourite place to study at your uni? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending