The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Adult Nursing degree with Mid Yorkshire Teaching NHS Trust | THREAD

Overview

Start in April 2024.

We have partnered with Mid Yorkshire Teaching NHS Trust to establish an off-site nursing school and degree programme at Dewsbury and District Hospital.

You will gain a variety of experience within the Mid Yorkshire Teaching NHS Trust. There may also be an opportunity for you to practice abroad.

Open Days and Webinars

Find out more by booking onto one of our open days or webinars here.

Open Day Dates
18 October 2023 (15:00-19:00) - Programme structure, writing a good application, and good academic writing strategies.

6 December 2023 (15:00-19:00) - Programme structure, writing a good application, and good academic writing strategies.

Webinar Dates

15 November 2023 (19:00-20:00) - What to expect, interview preparation and Q&A session.

17 January 2024 (18:00-19:00) - Entry requirements, improving your application and interviews.
Earn before you learn
The Mid Yorkshire Teaching NHS Trust offer the opportunity to work in the Trust as a paid healthcare support worker to gain practical experience before the start of the programme in April.

To take advantage of this scheme, we recommend that you apply to study before the end of December.

After successful application, interview and acceptance of offer to study on this course, you can start paid shifts before the programme begins in April.

Earn whilst you learn
On days when there is no teaching, you will have the opportunity to work shifts in the hospital trust as a paid healthcare support worker. Please note that you will need to pass your first practice placement to be eligible for employment on this scheme.
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
"You will put learnt theory into practice on clinical placements within the Dewsbury district. This could be in A&E departments, GP practices in the community, and many other areas of practice. There are also opportunities for overseas placements."

Dr Nadeem Khan on studying this course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz3Sk8W7m-0
(edited 3 months ago)
Find out more about our BSc (Hons) Nursing (Adult) - Mid Yorkshire Hospitals course at our next open day on 6 December (15:00-19:00) held onsite at Dewsbury and District Hospital. Get information you need about the programme structure and writing a good application, take a look at facilities plus meet academics and current students!

Find out more and book your place now. 🙌
Join our free online webinar on Wednesday 17 January, 18:00 - 19:00 GMT, to find out more about the course, the experience of studying on-site at the Mid Yorkshire Hospital, and the opportunities this degree can offer from our academics and a current Mid Yorkshire student.

Find out more about the course and book your free place on the webinar here.
Reply 5
Original post by University of Bradford
Earn before you learn
The Mid Yorkshire Teaching NHS Trust offer the opportunity to work in the Trust as a paid healthcare support worker to gain practical experience before the start of the programme in April.

To take advantage of this scheme, we recommend that you apply to study before the end of December.

After successful application, interview and acceptance of offer to study on this course, you can start paid shifts before the programme begins in April.

Earn whilst you learn
On days when there is no teaching, you will have the opportunity to work shifts in the hospital trust as a paid healthcare support worker. Please note that you will need to pass your first practice placement to be eligible for employment on this scheme.

I'm curious to hear from anyone who has attended the open days or participated in the webinars. What was your experience like? And for those already part of the program or working at the Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust, what insights can you share about the practical aspects of the course and the support available to students?
Original post by ashvaganda
I'm curious to hear from anyone who has attended the open days or participated in the webinars. What was your experience like? And for those already part of the program or working at the Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust, what insights can you share about the practical aspects of the course and the support available to students?
I went to the open day 2 weeks ago. Everyone was welcoming. A second year student toured me around and answered all of my questions. It is a small cohort which attracted me more because I feel like I won’t have to share the tutors with so many students. I would get one to one if I need it. The whole vibes I get is that you will be supported throughout. I have now been given a place following an interview.
Hey @Filinurse how are you?

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely message, I'm so glad you had a great experience, and massive congrats on receiving a place!! 🎉

Becky
Original post by ashvaganda
Hey @ashvaganda :smile:

I hope the message below from Filinurse helped, but if you have any further questions about the webinars or open days please let me know and I'll do my best to help! :smile:

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending