The Student Room Group

Alevel computer science programming websites?

I have recently took cs alevel and was wondering what videos can watch to leaarn python and possible questions for each topic.
Reply 1
Original post by potentialgcsepro
I have recently took cs alevel and was wondering what videos can watch to leaarn python and possible questions for each topic.

Not sure, about the Practical side of things, but Isaac CS is meant to be good (affiliated with TSR I believe). Personally, for actual coding, I would recommend just any sort of course (not tailored to A-level I mean), e.g. on Codecademy or Udemy, and then just loads of practice. Eventually it will become much easier, and it's always better to learn a language just generally, rather than learning the bits you just need for A-level.
Hope that helps! Best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 2

W3Schools is a great one to use, I love it!!

Hi!

As @Kt_123 has said above W3Schools is great! They clearly explain everything and their exercises for each language really help you get to grips with it all if you are new to a language or trying to get back into the syntax of one after working with another for a while. It's also more hands-on than just watching videos which might be good depending on what you want. You can even sign up and work through the course and they'll give you a % of how far through you are ect. I'm in my second year of uni now and I still use it constantly to remind myself how a certain thing is done in a certain language.

Good luck with your A-levels!!

- Jessica
2nd year, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending