The Student Room Group

Speeding!!

Hello folks how are you all doing. I was driving back from work this evening and I was doing 65/67 in a 60 and there was a speed van. However miles down the road cars were flashing at us going up the road so I instantly slowed down. This is on a duel carriageway with no central reservation so therefore it would be a 60mph zone isn’t that right?

I am now worried I’ve been caught.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Jmoffett1995
Hello folks how are you all doing. I was driving back from work this evening and I was doing 65/67 in a 60 and there was a speed van. However miles down the road cars were flashing at us going up the road so I instantly slowed down. This is on a duel carriageway with no central reservation so therefore it would be a 60mph zone isn’t that right?

I am now worried I’ve been caught.

Pretty much by definition a dual carriageway has a central reservation. If there's no central reservation, it's not a dual carriageway -- it's a single carriageway road.

Was there a system of street lighting in place? If so (and no signs to the contrary) then it's a 30 mph limit. If there's no system of street lighting (and no signs to the contrary) then it's a 60 mph limit.

You just need to wait 14 days to see if you get anything in the post. No point in worrying now, there's nothing you can change.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending